Strongly interacting massive particle
Strongly interacting massive particles (SIMPs) are hypothetical particles that interact strongly between themselves [looks like they scatter off of each other - observation of colliding galaxies in the Abell 3827 cluster, where it seemed that dark matter lagged behind the ordinary m.] and weakly with ordinary matter, but could form the inferred dark matter despite this. However, this finding has since been discounted based on further observations and modelling of the cluster.
- Wandelt, Benjamin D; Dave, Romeel; Farrar, Glennys R; McGuire, Patrick C; Spergel, David N; Steinhardt, Paul J (2000), "Self-Interacting Dark Matter", arXiv:
- Massey, Richard; et al. (2017), "Dark matter dynamics in Abell 3827: new data consistent with standard Cold Dark Matter", arXiv: [astro-ph.CO]
- Grossman, Lisa (April 5, 2018). "Dark matter isn't interacting with itself after all". ScienceNews. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- Chung, Daniel J. H; Farrar, Glennys R; Kolb, Edward W (1997), "Are ultrahigh energy cosmic rays signals of supersymmetry?", Physical Review D, 57 (8): 4606, arXiv: , Bibcode:1998PhRvD..57.4606C, doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.57.4606
- Albuquerque, Ivone F. M; Farrar, Glennys R; Kolb, Edward W (1998), "Exotic massive hadrons and ultra-high energy cosmic rays", Physical Review D, 59 (1): 015021, arXiv: , Bibcode:1999PhRvD..59a5021A, doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.59.015021
- Qin, Bo; Wu, Xiang-Ping (2001), "Constraints on the Interaction between Dark Matter and Baryons from Cooling Flow Clusters", Physical Review Letters, 87 (6): 061301, arXiv: , Bibcode:2001PhRvL..87f1301Q, doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.87.061301
- Chuzhoy, Leonid; Nusser, Adi (2004), "Consequences of short range interactions between dark matter and protons in galaxy clusters", The Astrophysical Journal, 645 (2): 950–954, arXiv: , Bibcode:2006ApJ...645..950C, doi:10.1086/504505
- Starkman, Glenn D; Gould, Andrew; Esmailzadeh, Rahim; Dimopoulos, Savas (1990), "Opening the window on strongly interacting dark matter", Physical Review D, 41 (12): 3594, Bibcode:1990PhRvD..41.3594S, doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.41.3594
- Cyburt, Richard H; Fields, Brian D; Pavlidou, Vasiliki; Wandelt, Benjamin D (2002), "Constraining Strong Baryon-Dark Matter Interactions with Primordial Nucleosynthesis and Cosmic Rays", Physical Review D, 65 (12): 123503, arXiv: , Bibcode:2002PhRvD..65l3503C, doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.65.123503.
- Zaharijas, Gabrijela; Farrar, Glennys R (2004), "A Window in the Dark Matter Exclusion Limits", Physical Review D, 72 (8): 083502, arXiv: , Bibcode:2005PhRvD..72h3502Z, doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.72.083502
- Bacci, C.; et al. (1996), "Improved limits on strongly interacting massive particles with NaI(Tl) scintillators", Astroparticle Physics, 4 (3): 195–198, Bibcode:1996APh.....4..195B, doi:10.1016/0927-6505(95)00032-1
- McGuire, Patrick C; Steinhardt, Paul J (2001), "Cracking Open the Window for Strongly Interacting Massive Particles as the Halo Dark Matter", Proceedings of the International Cosmic Ray Conference, Hamburg, Germany, p. 1566, arXiv: , Bibcode:2001ICRC....4.1566M
- Javorsek II, D; Fischbach, E; Teplitz, V (2002), "New Experimental Bounds on the Contributions to the Cosmological Density Parameter Ω from Strongly Interacting Massive Particles", The Astrophysical Journal, 568: 1, Bibcode:2002ApJ...568....1J, doi:10.1086/338796
- Mitra, Saibal (2004), "Uranus's anomalously low excess heat constrains strongly interacting dark matter", Physical Review D, 70 (10): 103517, arXiv: , Bibcode:2004PhRvD..70j3517M, doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.70.103517
- Mack, Gregory D; Beacom, John F; Bertone, Gianfranco (2007), "Towards Closing the Window on Strongly Interacting Dark Matter: Far-Reaching Constraints from Earth's Heat Flow", Physical Review D, 76 (4): 043523, arXiv: , Bibcode:2007PhRvD..76d3523M, doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.76.043523