Structural capital is one of the three primary components of intellectual capital, and consists of the supportive infrastructure, processes, and databases of the organisation that enable human capital to function. Structural capital is owned by an organization and remains with an organization even when people leave. It includes: capabilities, routines, methods, procedures and methodologies embedded in organisation
Structural capital is the supportive non-physical infrastructure that enables human capital to function.
Organizational capital includes the organization philosophy and systems for leveraging the organization’s capability.
Innovation capital includes intellectual property and certain other intangible assets. Intellectual property includes protected commercial rights such as patents, copyrights and trademarks. Intangible assets are all of the other talents and theory by which an organization is run.
- Intellectual capital
- Intellectual capital management
- Human capital
- Relational capital
- Organizational capital
- Maddocks, J. & Beaney, M. 2002. See the invisible and intangible. Knowledge Management, March, 16-17.
- Khavandkar, Ehsan, Theodorakopoulos, Nicholas, Hart, Mark, & Preston, Jude (2016). Leading the Diffusion of Intellectual Capital Management Practices in Science Parks. In H. Shipton, P. Budhwar, P. Sparrow, & A. Brown (Eds.), Human Resource Management, Innovation and Performance (pp. 213–231). London: Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- Roos, J., Roos, G., Dragonetti, N. C., & Edvinsson, L. (1997). Intellectual capital. Macmillan Business.
- Brenner, Markus; Coners, André (2010). Process Capital as Strategic Success Factor: The Lufthansa Example. Handbook on Business Process Management 2. pp. 57–72. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-01982-1_3. ISBN 978-3-642-01981-4.
- Chen, Jin; Zhu, Zhaohui; Yuan Xie, Hong (2004). "Measuring intellectual capital: a new model and empirical study". Journal of Intellectual Capital. 5 (1): 195–212. doi:10.1108/14691930410513003.
- Edvinsson, L (1997). "Developing intellectual capital at Skandia". Long Range Planning. 30 (3): 366–373. doi:10.1016/s0024-6301(97)90248-x.
- National intangible capital NIC 2016 database / Findings and results for structural (process) capital 2001 - 2016
- National intellectual capital NIC as economic driver 2001-2011 / Findings and results for structural (process) capital
|This business term article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|