This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)
|Single by Kiss|
|from the album Kiss|
|Released||July 1974 (US)|
|Recorded||1973 at Bell Sound Studios, New York City|
|Kiss singles chronology|
"Strutter" is one of the few Kiss songs written by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley together. Stanley wrote new lyrics to "Stanley the Parrot", a song whose music was composed by Simmons. Stanley's lyrics display his Bob Dylan influence. The song was featured in the video games Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Guitar Hero 2.
- Extreme covered the song on the Kiss My Ass: Classic Kiss Regrooved album (1994).
- The Donnas covered the song for the Detroit Rock City soundtrack (1999).
- Vitamin String Quartet covered the song for the String quartet tribute to kiss album (2004).
- Electric Six covered the song in their covers album, Streets of Gold (2021)
"Strutter" has appeared on following Kiss albums:
- Kiss – studio version
- Alive! – live version
- The Originals – studio version
- Double Platinum – re-recorded version titled "Strutter '78" ("I look back at that and think, 'Why?'" remarked Simmons in 1996. "The original version is the classic and the best.")
- Smashes, Thrashes & Hits – remixed & edited studio version
- Greatest Kiss – studio version
- The Box Set – demo version
- The Very Best of Kiss – studio version
- Kiss Symphony: Alive IV – live version
- The Best of Kiss: The Millennium Collection – studio version
- Gold – studio version
- Kiss Chronicles: 3 Classic Albums – studio version
- Kiss Alive! 1975–2000 – Alive! version
- Kiss Alive 35 – live version
- Ikons – studio version
- Kiss 40 – re-recorded version titled "Strutter '78"
- Paul Stanley – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Gene Simmons – bass, backing vocals
- Peter Criss – drums, backing vocals
- Ace Frehley – lead guitar
- Philo, Simon (2018). Glam Rock: Music in Sound and Vision. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 130. ISBN 978-1-44227-148-7.
- Guarisco, Donald A. "Strutter - Kiss | Song Info". AllMusic. Retrieved August 17, 2019.
- Stanley, Paul. The Kiss Box Set liner notes, The Island Def Jam Music Group, 2001. ISBN 0-446-53073-5
- Leaf, David and Ken Sharp. KISS: Behind the Mask: The Official Authorized Biography, Warner Books, 2003. ISBN 0-446-53073-5
- Guitar World, September 1996