|Batting style||Right-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
Boyes was a slow left-arm bowler with a high action, taking 1415 wickets for Hampshire. He took 100 wickets in a season three times, his best year being 111 at 26.75 in 1933. He twice took a hattrick, one of them when he took his career best figures of 9 for 57 against Somerset at Yeovil in 1938. With the bat he took 413 matches before making his maiden century, only three players in history have waited longer. He was an excellent close fielder and took 498 catches in first-class matches, many of them at short-leg.
- Profile on www.cricketarchive.com
- Most Matches Before Maiden Century
- Philip Bailey, Philip Thorn and Peter Wynn-Thomas, 'Who's Who of Cricketers (London, 1984), p. 128
- "Stuart Boyes bowling Season by Season at Cricket Archive, retrieved July 2015".
- "Europeans in the East vs. MCC at Cricket Archive, retrieved July 2015".
- Holley, Duncan; Chalk, Gary (1992). The Alphabet of the Saints. ACL & Polar Publishing. p. 42. ISBN 0-9514862-3-3.