|Full name||Stuart Conquest|
|Born||1 March 1967|
|FIDE rating||2510 (January 2020)|
|Peak Elo rating||2601 (October 2001)|
In 1981, at the age of 14 he won the World Youth Chess Championship in the under-16 category. Conquest was British Rapidplay Chess Champion in 1997. In 1995 and 2000 he shared first place at the Hastings Premier and in 2001, won the category 14 tournament in Clichy.
Following a relatively lean period, he capped his return to form in 2008 with victory in the British Chess Championship, defeating Keith Arkell in a two-game rapidplay play-off match for the title, after they tied for first place. In May 2009 he came first at the Capo d'Orso Open.
A prolific player at international tournaments for many years, Conquest has in recent times been a regular commentator and (since 2011) tournament director of the Gibraltar Chess Festival, held annually at the Caleta Hotel in Catalan Bay.
- "Winners of the Hastings tournament". Hastingschess.org.uk. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- "Clichy 2001 from TWIC". Chesscenter.com. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- "2008 British Championship". Britishchess08.com. 23 April 2007. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- "Chess News - Stuart Conquest wins Capo d'Orso Open". ChessBase.com. 26 May 2009. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- Wojciech Bartelski. "OlimpBase". OlimpBase. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- Stuart Conquest player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Chessmetrics Player Profile: Stuart Conquest
- Interview with Stuart Conquest Chessvibes.com (August 2008)
- Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival