|Full name||John Stuart David Moffat|
|Date of birth||18 August 1977|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||6.30 ft (1.92 m)|
|Weight||15.10 st (95.9 kg)|
|School||Edinburgh Academy, St Edmunds College|
|University||Cambridge, Loughborough University|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union career
Moffat made his Test debut in a match against Romania at Murrayfield in November 2002 and scored a try from full-back in a 27-point win. He played two further Tests in the same stadium that month, with Scotland defeating both South Africa and Fiji. Moffat's only other cap came two years later, again at Murrayfield, when Australia defeated Scotland by 31 points to 14 to claim the Hopetoun Cup.
His first-class cricket appearance was made in the 2002 University Match, against Oxford University. Moffat brought up a century off just 103 balls and had amassed 169 by the time Benjamin Vonwiller trapped him leg before wicket. It was the highest score by a cricketer playing their first match for Cambridge University since Test batsman Hubert Doggart made a double hundred in 1948. As Moffat did not bat again, either in that match or at first-class level, Moffat's career average remained 169.
His performance was a contrast to his earlier efforts in 1997, when he scored ducks in two limited overs matches for a Scotland XI against Durham. He had also represented Scotland at Under-19 level.
- Lyles, Christopher. "Moffat's landmark". Daily Telegraphy. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Romania tour - Murrayfield, 9 November 2002". Scrum.com.
- "Statsguru - Player analysis - Stuart Moffat - Test matches". Scrum.com.
- "Hopetoun Cup - Murrayfield, 6 November 2004". Scrum.com.
- "Hundred in First Match for Cambridge University". CricketArchive.
- "Oxford University v Cambridge University 2002". CricketArchive.
- "Other matches played by Stuart Moffat". CricketArchive.