|Born||February 10, 1942|
|Occupation||businessman and media magnate|
|Employer||Metromedia Company, Inc.|
|Known for||In 1999, was the 398th-wealthiest person in the U.S.; was the longtime right-hand-man and chief financial officer of billionaire John Kluge, who at one time was the richest man in America.|
|Home town||Williamsburg, Brooklyn|
|Title||Chief Executive Officer and President|
In 1999, he was the 398th-wealthiest person in the U.S, with a net worth of 650 million dollars, and in 2002, he was one of America's 500 wealthiest people. He was the longtime right-hand-man and chief financial officer of billionaire John Kluge, who at one time was the richest man in America.
Subotnick is Jewish family, and grew up in a housing project in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. He has a brother and a sister. He earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting from Baruch College in 1962, a JD degree from Brooklyn Law School in 1968, and an LLM degree from New York University Law School in 1974.
He serves as Chief Executive Officer and President of Metromedia Company, Inc., a privately held diversified Delaware general partnership owned by billionaire John Kluge. Subotnick was general partner and Executive Vice President of Metromedia starting in 1986. He has been President and Chief Executive Officer of the company since 2010.
He became a director of Carnival Corporation in 1987, and a director of Carnival plc in 2003. He serves as Presiding Director at Carnival plc. He has been Senior Independent Director at Carnival PLC since April 2003. He serves as a Director of Carnival Cruise Lines Inc.
He served as Vice Chairman of the Board of Orion Pictures Corporation from 1992 to July 1997. He co-founded Big City Radio Inc. in 1994. He has been Chairman of the company since that year.
From 1995 to 2001, he co-owned the New York/New Jersey MetroStars of Major League Soccer. In 2002, he owned a 330-acre thoroughbred racing farm – Anstu Stable. He serves on the Board of Trustees for the Park East Synagogue in Manhattan.
- "Anstu Stables". NTRA. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Mitchell, Eric. "An Owner's Profile: Stuart Subotnick". BloodHorse.com. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "Forbes 400 Richest-List". Jacksonville.com. September 24, 1999. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "John Kluge: The benevolent billionaire goes out in style". The Hook. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Silbiger, Steve The Jewish Phenomenon: Seven Keys to the Enduring Wealth of a People p. 91
- "BOARD OF TRUSTEES THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK". Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- James B. Murray. Wireless Nation: The Frenzied Launch of the Cellular Revolution. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "Stuart Subotnick: Executive Profile & Biography". businessweek.com. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "Board of Directors | New York Racing Association – Aqueduct". Nyra.com. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Stuart Subotnick". Forbes. April 18, 2012. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- Mitchell, Eric. "An Owner's Profile: Stuart Subotnick". BloodHorse.com. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Park East Synagogue Board of Trustees retrieved September 10, 2014