Stuart White is an Australian educator and sustainability advocate. He is a professor and the Director of the Institute for Sustainable Futures at the University of Technology, Sydney. White has researched sustainability for more than twenty years, specialising in least cost planning for utilities and resource use efficiency. In 1998, White was a member of the NSW Task Force on Water Conservation, and in 2001 was a member of the Expert Panel on Environmental Flows for the Hawkesbury Nepean. He has written widely on sustainable futures and is often quoted in the media. White has criticised the building of desalination plants, citing their high operational costs and energy usage.
- Professor Stuart White Institute for Sustainable Futures. University of Technology, Sydney.
- Professor Stuart White Archived 22 July 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Professor Stuart White: Publications Institute for Sustainable Futures. University of Technology, Sydney.
- "The nuclear power option - expensive, ineffective and unnecessary". The Sydney Morning Herald. 13 June 2005.
- White, Stuart; Riedy, Chris (2 November 2006). "A climate protection act must have priority". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Expert pours cold water on desal". news.com.au. 12 November 2009.