Student Osteopathic Medical Association
National Vice President/Speaker of the House
The Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA) is a national, not-for-profit osteopathic medical organization founded to ensure a high quality of education for osteopathic medical students, to promote unity within the osteopathic medical profession, and to improve the delivery of healthcare by Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) SOMA is the student affiliate organization of the American Osteopathic Association and works with all chapters to foster communication between government at the local and national levels and the osteopathic medical profession.
The organization also awards scholarships annually to osteopathic medical students who demonstrate leadership, compassion, or exceptional dedication to addressing the medically underserved, political activism, international medicine, or public health. Pre-SOMA is a branch of the organization dedicated to the education of undergraduate pre-medical students about the osteopathic medical profession to aid them in the medical school selection process.
- "Contact us". Student Osteopathic Medical Association. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Board of Trustee 2012-2013". Student Osteopathic Medical Association. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Constitution of the Student Osteopathic Medical Association" (PDF). Student Osteopathic Medical Association. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Scholarships and Grants". Student Osteopathic Medical Association. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Our Mission". Pre-SOMA University of Maryland. Retrieved 20 October 2012.