Student of the Year
|Student of the Year|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Karan Johar|
|Produced by||Hiroo Yash Johar
|Written by||Niranjan Iyengar
|Screenplay by||Rensil D'Silva|
|Narrated by||Group of cast|
|Edited by||Deepa Bhatia|
|Distributed by||Dharma Productions (India)
Eros Entertainment (International)
Student of the Year is a 2012 Indian romantic drama film directed by Karan Johar and produced by Hiroo Yash Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions and in collaboration with Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment. The movie features newcomers Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in the lead roles with Rishi Kapoor, Sana Saeed, Ronit Roy, Ram Kapoor and Farida Jalal in supporting roles. The movie also features Boman Irani, Kajol, Farah Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant in guest appearances. This is Karan Johar's first directorial venture without Shah Rukh Khan.
Student of the Year was released on 19 October 2012 in over 1400 locations across India. It was a critical and commercial success and gained positive to mixed reviews from critics and good box office collections. The movie remained the second highest grossing Bollywood film in the month of October and is one of the highest grossing Bollywood films of 2012.
The story starts by showing the principal (Dean) Yogendra Vashisht (Rishi Kapoor) of a high school, St. Teresa, who has fallen ill after retirement. Eight of the students, once friends, are shown calling each other to inform about the fatally ill principal. As they talk about their past in the college, they stumble upon old memories. They can clearly recall many events they haven't gotten over yet. The story revolves mostly around three characters, Abhimanyu, Shanaya, and Rohan. Abhimanyu (Sidharth Malhotra) is shown as a new, middle class kid who has planned to be achieve success, which will be led by him winning the Student of the Year trophy. Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan) is the son of a business tycoon who shares a complex relationship with his father, which can only be changed by his win of the trophy. Rohan and Abhimanyu have the same goal (to win Student of the Year) which they will later fight for. Their rivalry takes an unexpected turn to friendship when Abhi takes blame for a prank Rohan played on the coach. This softens Rohan's heart and a friendship happens to bloom. When introduced to Rohan's father (Ram Kapoor), Abhi admits that he wanted to be like him, which prompts Ashok to say that he'd rather have Abhi as a son, not Rohan. Things are further knotted up when Shanaya (Alia Bhatt) enters the equation. While Shanaya and Rohan are childhood sweethearts, Abhi is attracted to Shanaya at first, but when confronted by Rohan, dismisses her as 'not his type'. Tanya (Sana Saeed) continues to try and weaken the relationship of Shanaya and Rohan by flirting unabashedly with Rohan who enjoys her attention, upsetting Shanaya time and again. She seeks the help of Abhimanyu to make Rohan realize what he is missing out. As Shanaya flirts with Abhimanyu to try and reclaim Rohan's attention, which she eventually does, Abhi falls in love with Shanaya. Shanaya's friend Shruti (Manasi Rachh) tells her about Abhi's one sided love. Abhi lets go of his feelings by saying he only wants to focus on the Student of the year competition. Meanwhile, Abhimanyu invites Rohan to come to his house for dinner. After the dinner, Abhimanyu's grandmother (Farida Jalal) suffers a heart attack. Rohan and Shanaya are there to cheer up Abhi. Due to this, Shanaya gets attracted towards Abhimanyu. Abhi's grandmother soon dies. Shanaya goes to Abhimanyu to show empathy for his loss. They end up kissing. Rohan catches them and they start fighting over who Shanaya loves. Following all of this drama is the Student of the Year competition, which is won by Rohan but he refuses to take the trophy. After graduation, Shanaya and Abhi get married; Rohan becomes a musician. While at the hospital, Rohan and Abhimanyu engage in a fight. It comes out to be that Abhi let Rohan win on purpose after seeing that his father would be happy at his son's failure. They both forgive each other and start joking. At the end, they decide to give their friendship a new chance.
- Lead Cast
- Sidharth Malhotra as Abhimanyu Singh
- Varun Dhawan as Rohan Nanda
- Alia Bhatt as Shanaya Singhania Singh
- Rishi Kapoor as Dean Yogendra Vashishth
- Additional Cast
- Sana Saeed as Tanya Israni
- Sahil Anand as Jeet Khurana
- Manasi Rachh as Shruti Pathak
- Kayoze Irani as Kaizad "Sudo" Sodabottleopenerwala
- Manjot Singh as Dimpy
- Ronit Roy as Coach Shah
- Ram Kapoor as Ashok Nanda
- Gautami Kapoor as Gayatri Nanda
- Farida Jalal as Abhimanyu's grandmother
- Akshay Anand as Abhimanyu's uncle
- Manini Mishra as Geeta Singh (Abhimanyu's aunt)
- Prachi Shah as Coach Shah's wife
- Nandini Sen as Shanaya's mother
- Boman Irani as Harikishan Sanan
- Sushma Seth as Yogendra's mother (Cameo)
- Kajol in a guest appearance in "The Disco Song"
- Farah Khan in a guest appearance as a judge in "The Disco Song"
- Vaibhavi Merchant in a guest appearance as a judge in "The Disco Song"
On 5 January 2011, Karan Johar uploaded the first look poster of the new film on the micro-blogging website Twitter. Student of the Year marks the debuts of Alia Bhatt, the daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, the son of director David Dhawan, Sidharth Malhotra, Boman Irani's son Kayoze Irani and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai fame Sana Saeed (role of "Anjali" as the daughter of Shah Rukh Khan and Rani Mukerji).
The first official trailer was released on 2 August 2012. Karan Johar later tweeted saying that the film will be released on 19 October 2012.
On 16 August 2011, director Karan Johar took the Mahurat shot and Mumbai socialite Parmeshwar Godrej rolled the cameras. Some parts of the movie were shot in Kashmir and Dehradun (Forest Research Institute, Dehradun). The external view of the school was taken from Kasiga School Dehradun, whose name was changed to St. Teresa. Rob Miller of ReelSports, who had worked with Shahrukh Khan on Chak De! India, was hired to direct the sports action in Student of the Year.
The film targeted viewers with contest-based marketing. Stressing 'competition' which would make up for a significant part of the movie, contests such as 'Nano Student of the Year', 'The Buddy of the Year' and 'FedEx International Student of the Year' were launched targeting students across the country.
Tata Motors, on-ground promotion partner for the movie, launched the 'Nano Student of the Year' contest for all college students in India. In the first round students were judged on four parameters; namely, academics, culture, sports and social life. The top eight finalists would compete for the 'Nano Student of the Year' title. The contest was held across India in mid-September 2012.
The production house partnered with FedEx Express announcing a special 'FedEx Student Offer' and launch of 'FedEx International Student of the Year' campaign. It was aimed at individuals in India applying for higher education abroad. Student of the Year was promoted across non-fiction properties such as Kaun Banega Crorepati on Sony Entertainment Television and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and Bigg Boss on Colors. Radio stations such as Red FM, Radio City, Big FM were used for the promotion of the film and its music.
The satellite rights of Student of the Year were sold with Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani for ₹500 million (US$7.4 million) together to Sony Entertainment Television. The music rights were sold to Sony Music for a sum of ₹70 million (US$1.0 million).
Post-release box office
Critics were apprehensive of the success of the film as several hyped movies have flopped over the years. Also, the movie had a very high price tag and newcomers starred in the movie. However, the film took a thunderous start at the box office, becoming the biggest non-starcast opener ever in Bollywood. The movie surpassed trade expectations and caused profit to both makers and distributors in the first week itself. It remained the highest grossing non-starcast film in Bollywood until its record was broken by Aashiqui 2.
Student of the Year had a good opening at multiplexes while little lower at single screens due to limited release where it had collected ₹74.8 million (US$1.1 million) on its opening day. The film showed good growth on its second day and collected ₹85.0 million (US$1.3 million) nett. Student of the Year collected a good figure of around ₹253 million (US$3.8 million) at the end of its first weekend. It did very well and collected ₹431 million (US$6.4 million) nett in its first week. The film had a moderate second weekend where it earned around ₹80 million (US$1.2 million) nett. Student of the Year had a drop in its second and third week where it had collected ₹140 million (US$2.1 million) and ₹32.5 million (US$480,000) respectively to make a total of ₹633 million (US$9.4 million) in three weeks.
As per the latest updates, Student of the Year stands at an all India collection of ₹700 million (US$10 million) after four weeks run at the box office.
Student of the Year collected about million, which Box Office India thought was a poor showing for having been released on 300 screens . It collected around million in ten days. The film fell in the second week in most markets. Student of the Year closed at around million in overseas markets.
Upon release, Student of the Year received an aggregate score of 5.5 out of 10 at Reviewgang. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave 4/5 stars, saying that "Student of the Year is a love story that traverses the trodden path. But KJo is an artisan with intellect and taste and he ensures that the script is spruced up and modernized with such elan that it doesn't offend the spectator's wisdom or intelligence. The accomplished director takes on familiar material and gives it an entirely new twirl. This is escapist cinema at its best! On the whole, Student of the Year is amongst Karan Johar's most accomplished works. The youth brigade would love it and those who have already passed that age would want to revisit those days. This one's entertainment, entertainment and entertainment at its best. Clearly, KJo has a winner on hands, yet again!" Komal Nahta also gave it 4/5 calling it a "supremely entertaining" movie. Raedita Tandon of Filmfare gave it a 4/5 stars stating "All in all, Karan’s SOTY world is surreal and spectacular yet it has moments that will bring you back to reality and warm the cockles of your heart. This is escapism at its best." Joginder Tuteja of Indiaglitz gave the movie 4/5 stars and commented,"With a fun outing like Student of the Year, Karan Johar has proven once again that he can fluctuate between making a relatively serious film like 'My Name Is Khan' and come back to candy floss youth entertainer in the mode of 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'. With an eye on some lavish entertainment translating on screen and bringing new talent to the industry, 'Student of the Year' is a winner." Madhureeta Mukherjee of The Times of India gave the film 3.5/5 stars, stating that "Student of the Year takes you back to your books and sinks you in true-blue Bollywood syllabus, following the 'formula' – Two boys, one girl, one glorious trophy and lots of testosterone. It is larger-than-life, colourful, lavish, beautifully shot and directed. With medleys, dance, drama and everything good-looking (from cast to couches, dorms to discos)." Indicine gave it 3.5/5 stars, commenting "Overall, there isn’t a dull moment in Student of the Year. It has something in it for everyone – romance, action, entertainment, good performances and catchy music. Go for it." Social Movie rating site MOZVO gave it a score of 3.7/5 putting it in the recommended category.
Rajeev Masand of IBNLive gave it 3/5 stars and wrote, "Nitpickings aside, this is a breezy, enjoyable film by a director who knows his craft." He remarked, "If fun is what you’re seeking, you won't be disappointed." Giving the film 3/5 stars, Anupama Chopra of Hindustan Times wrote, "Karan Johar's forte is excess. He creates fantastical worlds brimming with beautiful people and expensive things and yet anchors them in high emotion. His films work as both designer porn and soap opera." She also praised the performance of the cast. Sukanya Verma of Rediff gave 3/5 stars, commenting that "Student of the Year is no Kuch Kuch Hota Hai but Karan Johar makes it look good." Rubina A Khan of The First Post gave the film 3/5 stars, stating that "Student of the Year is not KJo's finest work. Sure, it’s got all the elements of finesse and expansive production values that his films are known for, but he has also been very pivotal in directing and producing films with engaging stories in the past." Nabanita of Oneindia gave it 3/5 commenting "Student of the Year is a youthful and interesting movie that deserves a thumps up. Three cheers for this." India Today also gave the film a rating of 3/5. Sify awarded it 3/5 stars saying, "So there you have it – a fun, frothy film that won't insult your intelligence and sensibility. Worth a watch!"
Roshni Devi of Koimoi gave it 2.5/5 stars, praising the performances. Kanika Sikka of DNA India gave 2.5/5 stars, concluding that "Student of the Year is not something you would want to miss if the surreal setting with bubble gum romance is your calling. The performances make this film a great watch." Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave the film 2.5/5 stars, commenting that "Student of the Year definitely isn't the film of the year. But if you like your entertainment to be served up with glitzy but pulpy garnishing, pirouette your way to the nearest screen by all means." Ananya Bhattacharya of Zee News gave the film 2/5 stars, saying that "Student of the Year is worth a watch only for the debutantes. They have really pulled off a tough task of playing praiseworthy roles in a film which suffers from the lack-of-a-story syndrome."
Bollywood generally has big hits in the form of movies which have a dazling starcast with a lot of market value. Very few movies without a big starcast work in the industry. However, the defining success of Student of the Year gave producers more confidence in investment over films with new starcasts. It is to be noted that Student of the Year was the third non-starcast film to emerge a huge hit after Ishaqzaade and Vicky Donor in 2012. However, each of these films earned revenues in the range of ₹400 million (US$5.9 million) to ₹500 million (US$7.4 million) while SOTY proved that the collections for such films can be as high as ₹700 million (US$10 million) in India alone. After, Student of the Year, a string of non-starcast films including Kai Po Che!, Chashme Buddoor, Aashiqui 2, Shuddh Desi Romance and Grand Masti were successful at the box office.
After the success of Student of the Year, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan became overnight sensations. Their popularity was seen in various polls, functions and award shows. They have currently signed big budget movies and endorse many big brands.
|Student of the Year|
|Soundtrack album by Vishal-Shekhar|
|Released||31 August 2012|
|1.||"The Disco Song"||Anvita Dutt Guptan||Benny Dayal, Nazia Hassan & Sunidhi Chauhan||5:42|
|2.||"Ishq Wala Love"||Anvita Dutt Guptan||Shekhar Ravjiani, Salim Merchant & Neeti Mohan||4:18|
|3.||"Radha"||Anvita Dutt Guptan||Shreya Ghoshal, Udit Narayan, Vishal Dadlani & Shekhar Ravjiani||5:41|
|4.||"Ratta Maar"||Anvita Dutt Guptan||Vishal Dadlani & Shefali Alvares||3:30|
|5.||"Kukkad"||Anvita Dutt Guptan||Shahid Mallya & Nisha Mascarenhas||4:22|
|6.||"Vele"||Anvita Dutt Guptan||Shekhar Ravjiani & Vishal Dadlani||3:50|
|7.||"Mashup of the Year"||Anvita Dutt Guptan||Various artists, DJ Kiran Kamath||3:02|
Critical reception of soundrack
The music album of Student of the Year received positive critical response. Joginder Tuteja of Bollywood Hungama gave the album 4/5 stars, saying that "Student of the Year is a winner all the way with Vishal Shekhar (yet again) justifying their stance of doing a few films but lending quality sound to it. They create the kind of score which totally compliments the mood of the campus setting without straying even once." IANS of CNN-IBN gave the album 4/5 stars, concluding that "The soundtrack of Student of the Year is a good mix with very minor flaws that can surely be ignored to enjoy the music that perfectly describes the mood of the movie." Satyajit of Yahoo! gave the album 3.5/5 stars, stating that "Student of the Year is complete youthful musical entertainment, an album that brings all the positive elements of a typical Karan Johar entertainer. Vishal Shekhar delivers a potential winner this time."
The romantic track "Ishq Wala Love" became the biggest hit of the album concluded by "Radha" and "Disco Song". On 26 September 2012, The Times of India reported that the soundtrack was "appealing to people of all tastes and there's something for everyone in it".
Awards and nominations
Student of the Year won several awards, particularly for its direction, performances of the lead actors, and music.
|8th Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Award||President's Honour||Karan Johar||Won|
|Best Actor in a Comic Role||Rishi Kapoor||Nominated|
|Best Female Debut||Alia Bhatt||Nominated|
|Best Male Debut||Sidharth Malhotra||Nominated|
|Best Male Debut||Varun Dhawan||Nominated|
|Best Choreographer||Farah Khan (for the song "Radha")||Nominated|
|Best Female Playback Singer||Neeti Mohan (for the song "Ishq Wala Love")||Nominated|
|58th Filmfare Awards||Best Music Director||Vishal-Shekhar||Nominated|
|Best Debutant – Male||Sidharth Malhotra||Nominated|
|Best Debutant – Male||Varun Dhawan||Nominated|
|Best Debutant – Female||Alia Bhatt||Nominated|
|RD Burman Award||Neeti Mohan (for the song "Ishq Wala Love")||Won|
|Lions Gold Awards||Favourite Debut-Male||Varun Dhawan||Won|
|Favourite Debut-Female||Alia Bhatt||Won|
|Mirchi Music Awards||Album of the Year||Student of the Year||Nominated|
|Listener's Choice Album of the Year||Student of the Year||Won|
|Listener's choice Song of the Year||Radha||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Dream Director||Karan Johar||Won|
|Film of The Year||Student of the Year||Nominated|
|Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Alia Bhatt||Nominated|
|Superstar of Tomorrow – Male||Sidharth Malhotra||Nominated|
|Superstar of Tomorrow – Male||Varun Dhawan||Nominated|
|Best Male Debut||Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan||Won|
|New Musical Sensation Singer – Female||Neeti Mohan (for the song "Ishq Wala Love")||Nominated|
|Times of India Film Awards||Best Debut Female||Alia Bhatt||Nominated|
|Best Debut Male||Sidharth Malhotra||Nominated|
|Best Debut Male||Varun Dhawan||Nominated|
|Best Music Director||Vishal-Shekhar||Nominated|
|South Africa India Film And Television Awards||Most Promising Newcomer- Female||Alia Bhatt||Nominated|
|Most Promising Newcomer- Male||Sidharth Malhotra||Won|
|Most Promising Newcomer- Male||Varun Dhawan||Nominated|
|Film of the Year||Student of the Year||Nominated|
|Most Popular Song||Radha||Nominated|
|Supporting Actor of the Year||Rishi Kapoor||Nominated|
- "Student Of The Year (2012) – Review by Taran Adarsh". Taran Adarsh. BollywoodHungama.com.
- "STUDENT OF THE YEAR (12A) – British Board of Film Classification". 16 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Student of the Year". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Student of the Year Strong at Multiplexes". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "STUDENT OF THE YEAR MOVIE REVIEW". reviewgang.com.
- Boxofficeindia.com. Boxofficeindia.com.
- "KJo launches 3 new faces". The Times of India. 6 January 2011.
- "There's no marriage in my kundli: KJo". The Times of India.
- "Karan Johar (@kjohar25) op Twitter". Twitter.com. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Shukla, Soumil (17 August 2011). "Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan almost came face to face". FilmiTadka. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Forest Research Institute". Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Tata Motors' Nano Student of the Year goes to IIT Kharagpur's Deepit Purkayastha". Rush Lane. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "IIT student is \'Nano Student of the Year\'". Indiablooms.com. 1 January 2004. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "SOTY targets viewers with contest-based mktg". Exchange4media.com. 18 October 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- Sony bags TV rights of SOTY from Dharma Productions for Rs 50 crore – Economic Times. Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- Sony Music acquires music rights of STUDENT OF THE YEAR – bollywood news. glamsham.com (3 May 2012).
- Will The Hype Work For Student Of The Year. boxofficeindia.com. 18 October 2012
- 'Student Of The Year' Rocks Box Office: Karan Johar's Flick Makes Good Opening. Ibtimes.co.in (19 October 2012). Retrieved on 2015-10-10.
- Aashiqui 2 grosses Rs. 100 crore worldwide | Latest Movie Features. Bollywood Hungama (30 May 2013). Retrieved on 2015-10-10.
- "Student of the Year First Day Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Student of the Year Has Growth on the Second Day". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Student of the Year Has Good Weekend". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Student of the Year Week One Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Student of the Year Has Good Second Weekend Despite Competition". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "1920 Evil Returns And Skyfall Have Good First Weeks". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Student of the Year Week Two Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Box-Office Verdict 2012. Koimoi.com.
- "Student of the Year is Below the Mark Overseas". Box Office India.com. 24 October 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Chakravyuh and Ajab Gazabb Love Have No Takers". BOXOFFICEINDIA. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "New Releases Dull Student of the Year Heading For Million Close". Box Office India.com. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Taran Adarsh (18 October 2012). "Student of the Year (2012) – Critic Review by Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- STUDENT OF THE YEAR Review | Komal Nahta's Blog. Komalsreviews.wordpress.com (19 October 2012).
- Movie Review : Student Of The Year. Filmfare.com. Retrieved on 22 October 2012.
- Madhureeta Mukherjee (16 October 2012). "Student of the Year Review – The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- Student Of The Year Movie Review. Indicine.com (19 October 2012).
- [dead link]
- "IBNLive". Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Anupama Chopra's review: Student of the Year". Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- Sukanya Verma (19 October 2012). "Review: Student Of The Year is a fun watch". Rediff. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- Rubina A Khan (19 October 2012). "Movie Review: With Student Of The Year, Karan Johar's definitely not the director of the year". The First Post. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- Student Of The Year: Movie Review – Oneindia Entertainment. Entertainment.oneindia.in (26 April 2013).
- Movie review: Student Of The Year : Reviews, News – India Today. Indiatoday.intoday.in (19 October 2012).
- Movie Review : Student of the Year review: It won't insult your intelligence. Sify.com.
- Kanika Sikka (19 October 2012). "Review: Student Of The Year is a typical Karan Johar wala film". DNA India. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- Saibal Chatterjee (19 October 2012). "Movie Review: Student Of The Year – NDTV". NDTV. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- Ananya Bhattacharya (19 October 2012). "Student of the Year Review: Go watch a tepid movie-wala-film!". Zee News. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Economics And Lifetime Collections of VICKY DONOR". Boxofficecapsule.com.
- Indo-Asian News Service (29 May 2013). "Blockbuster Aashiqui 2 joins Rs.100 crore club". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Grand Masti is SUPER HIT". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra’s photos from the early days. daily.bhaskar.com. Retrieved on 10 October 2015.
- Alia Bhatt's kitty full with endorsement deals. M.indiatoday.in. Retrieved on 10 October 2015.
- DVD Movie Student Of The Year Reviews | Latest DVD Reviews. Bollywood Hungama (11 February 2013). Retrieved on 2015-10-10.
- Joginder Tuteja (3 September 2012). "Student of the Year (2012) – Music Critic Review by Joginder Tuteja". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- IANS (10 October 2012). "Music Review: 'Student Of The Year' has minor flaws". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Satyajit (12 September 2012). "Student of the Year Music Review – Yahoo!". Yahoo!. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- The Times Of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/musicchart/1081479906.cms?chartid=1&periodtype=4&date=2013-03-21. Missing or empty
- "Student Of The Year's music is a hit – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "8th Apsara Awards Nominations". Apsara Awards. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "58th Idea Filmfare Awards nominations are here!". Filmfare. 13 January 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Winners of 58th Idea Filmfare Awards 2012". Bollywood Hungama. 20 January 2013. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "19th Lions Gold Awards 2013 Winners". Pinkvilla. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Mirchi Music Awards Hindi 2012 nominations". The Times of India. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Mirchi Music Awards 2013 winners". The Times of India. 8 February 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Nominations for Stardust Awards 2013". Bollywood Hungama. 21 January 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Winners of Stardust Awards 2013". Bollywood Hungama. 28 January 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "TOIFA 2013 nominations". The Times of India. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- 'Kahaani', 'Barfi!' lead TOIFA technical awards – Times Of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (6 April 2013).
- Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra win best actor awards at TOIFA. Ibnlive.com.
- Winners of SAIFTA Awards 2013 | Latest Movie Features. Bollywood Hungama (7 September 2013).