Students' Federation of India
The Students' Federation of India emblem
|Full name||Students' Federation of India|
|Motto||Independence, Democracy, Socialism|
|Members||4,300,405 (as of 2014-15)|
|Key people||V. P. Sanu (President)|
Mayuk Biswas (General Secretary)
|Part of a series on|
|Communism in India|
V. P. Sanu is the National President and Mayuk Biswas is the National General Secretary.
The organization was formed when students assembled in Calcutta and decided to form a new organization for the purpose of bringing students from across the country together. The student leaders originally intended to lead discussions on issues including radical education reform, employment, safeguarding, and the expansion of democratic rights.
The Students' Federation of India in 2017 lead the student unions of universities in Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Tripura, Assam, Odisha, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. It is one of the largest student organisation in India with a membership of 4,300,405 as of 2014 - 2015. It has an international affiliation from the World Federation of Democratic Youths.
The SFI's flag has a red five-pointed, socialist-style star in the top left corners, on a white background and the words "Independence", "Democracy" and "Socialism" are written, in English or in a local language, one beneath the other, at the bottom right of the flag, also in red. The ratio of length and breadth of the flag is 3:2.
According to itself membership has been
- "Membership". SFICEC. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "SFI All India Conference: 'Save education, Save India and Defeat Communalism'". NewsD. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "Kerala student politics: Violence rises in colleges as SFI refuses to lay low even with CPM at the helm, Karimnagar". Firstpost.com. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- "Kerala student agitation: Marxists change track and side with college management". Firstpost.com. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- "History_of_SFI" (PDF).
- "State Committees". www.sficec.org. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "JNUSU Election Results 2017: Left Alliance Leading As Counting Is Underway; 10 Points". NDTV.com. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- User, Super. "Constitution". www.sficec.org. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "membership". SFI.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Students' Federation of India.|