Students Islamic Organisation of India
|Motto||Study Struggle Service|
|Headquarters||D-300 Abul Fazal Enclave,Jamia Nagar,Okhla,New Delhi|
Students Islamic Organization of India(SIO) is the students' wing of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind. Students Islamic Organisation was formed in 1982. According to its constitution, it aims at presenting Da’wah before students and youth, promote virtues, and moral values in educational institutions.
Students Islamic Organisation of India (SIO) is mentioned as one of the best practices of youth inter-faith dialogue initiatives in a global survey report of UNESCO (United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organisation). 
The organization has been termed as a moderate Muslim students union, and is said to take part in social service and relief activities. It is reported to organise activities for the Muslim youths in order to engage them in peaceful religious activities, and to avoid communal activity and sentiment.
In India, the Jamaat-e-Islami gradually transformed itself into a cultural organisation committed to propagating neoconservative Islam amongst Muslims. It set up networks of schools and study circles, devoted to combating the growing post-independence influence of communism and socialism. A student wing, the Students' Islamic Organisation (SIO), was set up in 1956, with its headquarters at Aligarh. As Muslims in north India were battered by communal violence, the Jamaat slowly moved away from Maududi's hostility to secularism. It began arguing that the secular state needed to be defended, as the sole alternative was a Hindu-communalist state.
In April 1977, SIMI was founded as an effort to revitalise the SIO. Building on the SIO networks in Uttar Pradesh, SIMI reached out to Jamaat-linked Muslim students' groups in Andhra Pradesh, Bengal, Bihar and Kerala. From the outset, SIMI made clear its belief that the practice of Islam was essentially a political project. In the long term, SIMI sought to re-establish the caliphate, without which it felt the practice of Islam would remain incomplete.
Because of its radicalism in 1982, a compromise was brokered: the Jamaat formally distanced itself from SIMI and the SIO became the sole student wing of the Jamaat.
The mission of SIO is: "To prepare the students and youth for the reconstruction of society in the light of Divine Guidance."
— SIO of India
- Current President: Br Iqbal Hussain of Telangana state has been elected as SIO national president for term 2015-16. Br Iqbal hails from Adilabad district of Telangana. He did his M.A and B.Ed from Adilabad district.
- Former President: Ashfaq Ahmed Sharief from Mangalore (Journalism Graduate from Bangalore University) 2013-2014
- Former President: Mohammed Azharuddin (M. phil in Economics) 2011-2012
New National President of SIO for the term 2015-2016
- New National President: Br Iqbal Hussain of Telangana state has been elected as SIO national president for term 2015-16. Br Iqbal hails from Adilabad district of Telangana. He did his M.A and B.Ed from Adilabad district. Professionally a teacher Br Iqbal Hussain is currently zonal president of SIO andhra pardesh.
Former National Presidents
- Muhammad Jafar
- Ashfaq Ahmed
- P. C. Hamza
- Thoufeeq Aslam Khan
- Abdul Jabbar Siddiqi
- S Ameen ul Hasan
- Malik Motasim Khan
- Sadat Husaini
- Malik Faisal Falahi
- Syed Zameer Quadri
- Bishruddin Sarqi
- K K Suhail
- Mohd. Azharuddin
- ashfaq ahmed shareef
- Iqbal Hussain
- Angel M Rabasa, Cheryl Benard, Peter Chalk, C Christine Fair, Theodore Karasik, Rollie Lal, Ian Lasser, Ian O Lesser, David E Thaler, Rand Corporation (January 2005). The Muslim World After 9/11. ISBN 0-8330-3712-9.[page needed]
- Students Islamic Organisation of India:Constitution.
- Students Islamic Organisation of India: Policy and Program
- SIO of India website
- SIO of India, Karnataka Website
- SIO of India, Kerala Website
- SIO of India, Tamilnadu Website
- SIO of India, Andhrapradesh
- SIO West Bengal
- Official page of SIO Kerala