|Revised Romanization||Seutyudiodeuraegon Jusikhoesa|
|Type||Private subsidiary (2016 - 2017)|
Public subsidiary (2017 - present)
|Industry||entertainment and media production|
|Founded||May 3, 2016Seoul, South Koreain|
Unit 1701, 17th Floor, Dong-A Digital Media Center (DDMC), Maebongsan-ro 75, Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul,
|CK Kang, Kim Young-kyu (CEO)|
|Services||production, distribution, translation, talent management|
|Total equity||11 billion won (2016)|
|Footnotes / references|
Studio Dragon Corporation (Korean: 스튜디오드래곤 주식회사; RR: Seutyudiodeuraegon Jusikhoesa) is a South Korean drama production, marketing and distribution company under CJ ENM's E&M division. It was established on May 3, 2016 as a spin-off from E&M Media Content.
Studio Dragon's logo, which it calls the "Drama Paragon", was inspired by Cintamani, a wish-fulfilling jewel within both Hindu and Buddhist traditions. It represents Asian culture, which the company wants to glorify through every production it makes. The logo, made by Korean brand design company BRANDMAJOR, was first introduced in the 2016 drama Squad 38.
As production company
Current managed people
Former managed people
- Culture Depot (CEO: Kim Sun-jung)
- Hwa&Dam Pictures (CEO: Yoon Ha-rim)
- KPJ Corporation (CEO: Jang Jin-wook)
- LOEN Entertainment
- AMC Networks
- Lazada Group
- As of October 2020.
- Founded in 2014 as Story Plant and acquired by Studio Dragon's parent company in 2015, then sold to kakao M (formerly LOEN Entertainment) in 2017. Studio Dragon is the third biggest stakeholder in the company with a 10.95% stake, behind kakao M's 67.20% and the latter's sister company KakaoPage's 21.85%. As of September 1, 2018, the company is still listed under its former name on the "related companies" section on Studio Dragon's website.
- JS Pictures is currently a separate subsidiary of CJ ENM, but is listed as an affiliate of Studio Dragon on the latter's website.
- CJ ENM, 코로나 한파 속 콘텐츠 수장들 전면 교체
- (LEAD) Naver, CJ sign share-swap deal in strategic tie-up
- (단독) CJ E&M, 전지현 소속사 문화창고 인수
- CJ E&M 드라마 제작사 '스튜디오드래곤' IPO 본격화
- CJ E&M, ‘문화창고’, ‘화앤담픽쳐스’ 연예기획사 2곳 지분 인수 추진
- CJ E&M 자회사 ‘스튜디오드래곤’, 제작사 ‘KPJ' 인수
- "About Us". Studio Dragon Corporation. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- "CJ E&M to divest drama production business into new wholly owned subsidiary". Reuters. Thomson Reuters. February 4, 2016. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- CJ E&M, 드라마 전문 제작사‘스튜디오드래곤’설립
- CJ그룹에도 직격탄, 스튜디오드래곤 IPO 불똥
- 스튜디오드래곤·진에어·티슈진, 4분기 兆단위 IPO대어 주목
- 몸값 1조' 스튜디오 드래곤, 24일 코스닥 상장
- "STUDIO DRAGON". BRANDMAJOR.
- 스튜디오드래곤(253450) 싱가포르·홍콩 NDR 후기: ‘아스달 연대기’로 레벨 업
- tvN Reportedly To Remake American Show “Designated Survivor”
- ""방법→비밀의숲2" 2020년 tvN 드라마 더욱 강력해졌다". Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). 2020-02-07. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Nam, Hyun-woo (2017-11-09). "Studio Dragon to debut on KOSDAQ". The Korea Times. Hankook Ilbo. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- 카카오, `로엔` 주축 자체 제작 동영상 강화
- 합병 앞둔 카카오, "프로덕션·티켓·동영상 강화"
- Gil, Sonia (August 31, 2016). "Korea's CJ E&M Pacts With Warner's DramaFever for Original Productions". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved August 12, 2017.
- U. Kim (May 10, 2017). "Loen Entertainment To Create New Drama Production Company With Studio Dragon". Soompi. Rakuten Viki. Retrieved August 12, 2017.
- 스튜디오 드래곤, 아마존·워너·넷플릭스…글로벌 콘텐츠 업무 협약
- "Seeking Local Partners: Lazada Gateway to Southeast Asia e-Commerce Customers". BusinessKorea. BusinessKorea Co., Ltd. November 7, 2017. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- Woo, Jae-yeon (January 2, 2017). "CJ E&M boosts investment to grow drama, movie writers". Yonhap. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- CJ E&M 신인작가그룹 ‘오펜’, 코스콤 방문