|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|K. E. Gnanavel Raja (owner)|
Studio Green is an Indian film production and distribution company based in Chennai. The company was founded in 2006 by K. E. Gnanavel Raja, relative of actor Sivakumar and many of their films feature his sons Suriya and Karthi. They have produced several Tamil films and also distributed films across India.
The company first produced and distributed the film Sillunu Oru Kaadhal starring Suriya, in 2006. Next they produced and distributed Paruthiveeran, introducing Karthik Sivakumar, younger brother of Suriya. It ran for more than a year in screens in Tamil Nadu. Following this success, Singam was produced. The Hari directed action film, starring Suriya, also went on to become highly successful at the box office, emerging as one of the highest-grossing Tamil films of that year. Their following production was Naan Mahaan Alla starring Karthi and Kajal Agarwal which also became a commercial success. Their next production was Siruthai starring Karthi and Tamannaah Bhatia, which released on 14 January 2011, coinciding with the Pongal festival and turned out to be another milestone in his career. Simultaneously, they distributed Yamudu, the dubbed Telugu version of Singam and Aawara, that of Paiyaa, in Andhra Pradesh. The former managed to run for 50 days in screens all over the state while Aawara also received good response and ran more than 100 days.
Studio Green distributed the Karthi starrer film, Saguni in 2012. They also started venturing into small scale films in the same year by purchasing and distributing Attakathi and Kumki. Its first production in 2013, Alex Pandian starring Karthi opened to negative reviews while the first distribution Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga was a commercial success. They also distributed Soodhu Kavvum which opened to highly positive critical reaction. The studio produced another film starring Karthi, All in All Azhagu Raja directed by M. Rajesh. The film was released in November and attracted negative reviews. It failed to emulate the success of the director's previous films.
- "Blood-bath-at-box-office". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 6 December 2013.
- "Small-film-garners-big-praise". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013.
- "Tamil Cinema News - Tamil Movie Reviews - Tamil Movie Trailers". IndiaGlitz.com. 20 June 2018. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- "Yamudu completes 50 days in 58 centres". Archived from the original on 9 July 2012.
- "Telugu Cinema News - Telugu Movie Reviews - Telugu Movie Trailers". IndiaGlitz.com. 20 June 2018. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- "Atta-Katthi-a-trip-down-memory-lane". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 12 November 2013.
- "Studio Green strikes back". Sify. Archived from the original on 7 April 2013. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Azhagu Raja is a waste of time". Rediff. 5 November 2013.
- K, Avinash (31 December 2022). "Pathu Thala Release Date : சிம்புவின் பத்து தல ரிலீஸ் தேதி அறிவிப்பு!". tamil.hindustantimes.com.
- "Suriya's film with Siva goes on floors". Cinema Express. 24 August 2022.
- "Vikram's 'Chiyaan 61' with Pa Ranjith to begin soon". The Times of India. 10 February 2022.
- "Vikram, Pa Ranjith to team up for a film". Cinema Express. 2 December 2021.
- "Timesofap". Retrieved 29 December 2016.