|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|K. E. Gnanavel Raja (owner)|
Studio Green is an Indian film production and distribution company based in Chennai. The company was founded in 2006 by K.E. Gnanavel Raja, relative of actor Sivakumar and many of their films feature his sons Suriya and Karthi. They have produced several Tamil films and also distributed films across South India.
The company first produced and distributed the film Sillunu Oru Kaadhal starring Suriya, in 2006. Next they produced and distributed Paruthiveeran, introducing Karthik Sivakumar, younger brother of Suriya. It ran for more than a year in screens in Tamil Nadu. Following this success, Singam was produced. The Hari directed action film, starring Suriya, also went on to become highly successful at the box office, emerging as one of the highest-grossing Tamil films of that year. Their following production was Naan Mahaan Alla starring Karthi and Kajal Agarwal which also became a commercial success. Their next production was Siruthai starring Karthi and Tamannaah Bhatia, which released on 14 January 2011, coinciding with the Pongal festival and turned out to be another milestone in his career. Simultaneously, they distributed Yamudu, the dubbed Telugu version of Singam and Aawara, that of Paiyaa, in Andhra Pradesh. The former managed to run for 50 days in screens all over the state while Aawara also received good response and ran more than 100 days.
Studio Green distributed the Karthi starrer film, Saguni in 2012. They also started venturing into small scale films in the same year by purchasing and distributing Attakathi and Kumki. Its first production in 2013, Alex Pandian starring Karthi opened to negative reviews while the first distribution Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga was a commercial success. They also distributed Soodhu Kavvum which opened to highly positive critical reaction. The studio produced another film starring Karthi, All in All Azhagu Raja directed by M. Rajesh. The film released in November and attracted negative reviews. It failed to emulate the success of the director's previous films.
- "Studio Green strikes back". Sify.com. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Azhagu Raja is a waste of time". Rediff. 5 November 2013.
- "Timesofap". Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "'24' worldwide box office collection: Suriya-starrer grosses Rs. 100 crore". Indian Business Times. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SURIYA". Indiaglitz. 23 July 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Highest Grossing Tamil Movies 2016 (Overseas): 'Theri,' '24' rule the box office in first half of the year". Indian Business Times. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "'24' Success Celebrations: Suriya's Thanksgiving Letter Will Move You!". Filmibeat. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "CHENNAI BOX OFFICE MAY 27TH TO MAY 29TH". Indiaglitz. 29 May 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2016.