Studio Universal (Latin America)
September, 1997 (as Hallmark Channel) |
February 1, 2010 (as Studio Universal)
NBCUniversal International Networks|
(operated and distributed by HBO Latin America Group)
Brazil: Universal Networks International (50%), Globosat (Grupo Globo, 50%)
(distributed by Globosat)
Spanish: Vivimos el cine|
Portuguese: A gente vive cinema
("We live cinema", adapted from the global slogan, "We Are Movies")
|Formerly called||Hallmark Channel (1997-2010)|
Universal Channel |
CNBC Latin America
MSNBC Latin America
It is owned by Universal Networks International, a division of NBCUniversal, and was launched in Latin America in September, 1997. It mostly airs American movies and films and some series and is a sister channel to Universal Channel in the region. It broadcasts in four feeds, Brasil, Mexico, Argentina and Latam. From its launch until January 31, 2010 the channel was named Hallmark Channel. It was renamed Studio Universal on February 1, 2010.
The Brazilian feed of the channel, as well as its sister network, Syfy, are operated since mid-July 2012, by the joint venture between Universal Networks International and Organizações Globo-owned Globosat which already operated the Brazilian version of Universal Channel.
- Mexican feed. Aired in Mexico.
- Argentine feed. Aired in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay.
- Chilean feed. Aired in Chile.
- Brazilian feed. Aired in Brazil, operated by a joint venture between NBCU and Globosat and distributed by the latter.
- Latam feed. Aired in the rest of Latin America.
- Colombian feed. Aired in Colombia.
- Fairly Legal
- Nurse Jackie
- Psych (seasons 5-8)
- Smash (only season 2)
- The Good Wife (seasons 4-5, seasons 1-3 and 6 air on Universal Channel)
- Monk (repeats)
- es:Hallmark Channel
- "NBCUniversal International and Globosat announce new agreement". todotvnews. Retrieved 12 June 2012.