Roman Catholic parish church in Studzionka
Location of Studzionka within Gmina Pszczyna
Studzionka [stuˈd͡ʑɔnka] (German: Staude) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Pszczyna, within Pszczyna County, Silesian Voivodeship, in southern Poland. It lies approximately 13 kilometres (8 mi) west of Pszczyna and 36 km (22 mi) south-west of the regional capital Katowice.
The village has a population of 2,150.
The village was first mentioned in a Latin document of Diocese of Wrocław called Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis from around 1305 as item in Stuczonka deberit [debent] esse XL mansi. The local Catholic parish was then first mentioned in 1326 in the register of Peter's Pence payment among Catholic parishes of Oświęcim deaconry of the Diocese of Kraków as Studna. The parish remained in Kraków diocese until the Reformation, afterwards was transferred to Diocese of Wrocław.
During the political upheaval caused by Matthias Corvinus the land around Pszczyna was overtaken by Casimir II, Duke of Cieszyn, who sold it in 1517 to the Hungarian magnates of the Thurzó family, forming the Pless state country. In the accompanying sales document issued on 21 February 1517 the village was mentioned as Studenka. The Kingdom of Bohemia in 1526 became part of the Habsburg Monarchy. In the War of the Austrian Succession most of Silesia was conquered by the Kingdom of Prussia, including the village.
- "Central Statistical Office (GUS) - TERYT (National Register of Territorial Land Apportionment Journal)" (in Polish). 2008-06-01.
- Schulte, Wilhelm (1889). Codex Diplomaticus Silesiae T.14 Liber Fundationis Episcopatus Vratislaviensis (in German). Breslau.
- "Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis" (in Latin). Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Jan, Ptaśnik (1913). Monumenta Poloniae Vaticana T.1 Acta Camerae Apostolicae. Vol. 1, 1207-1344 (in Latin). Cracoviae: Sumpt. Academiae Litterarum Cracoviensis. pp. 147–150.
- Musioł, Ludwik (1930). "Dokument sprzedaży księstwa pszczyńskiego z dn. 21. lutego 1517 R." Roczniki Towarzystwa Przyjaciół Nauk na Śląsku. Katowice: nakł. Towarzystwa ; Drukiem K. Miarki. R. 2: 235–237. Archived from the original on 11 September 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Studzionka.|
|This Pszczyna County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|