|Genre||Crime, Detective fiction|
|Publication date||November 2009|
|No. of issues||19|
|Main character(s)||Dex Parios|
|Created by||Greg Rucka |
|Written by||Greg Rucka|
James Lucas Jones
Stumptown is an American comic book limited series and later ongoing, written by Greg Rucka with art by Matthew Southworth. The first series launched by Oni Press on November 4, 2009 and ran for four issues. A second miniseries began in September 2012 and ran for five issues and a third volume, this time ongoing, began in September 2014.
The comic book is a modern-day detective fiction series based in Portland, Oregon, featuring Dex Parios, a female private investigator with a gambling problem. It takes place in the same continuity as Rucka's novel Fistful of Rain and Atticus Kodiak novels (by the virtue of sharing minor characters).
The first series begins in medias res with Dex's attempted murder and then showing the events leading up to this as she attempts to track down the granddaughter of a casino owner, who has promised to forgive Dex's heavy debt to the casino from her gambling losses in exchange for the girl's safe return.
In an iFanboy podcast, Rucka says he was going to write his college thesis on the American Detective genre. He cites authors such as Dennis Lehane, Robert B. Parker, Raymond Chandler as influences in the creation of his character, Dex Parios. He also credits television shows of his youth such as Magnum, P.I., Simon and Simon, and The Rockford Files
|Title||Material collected||Publication date||ISBN|
|Stumptown - Volume One||Stumptown Vol. 1 #1–4||April 5, 2011||978-1934964897|
|Stumptown - Volume Two||Stumptown Vol. 2 #1-5||October 1, 2013||978-1934964378|
|Stumptown - Volume Three||Stumptown Vol. 3 #1-5||April 28, 2015||978-1620102015|
- Hudson, Laura (August 19, 2009). "Greg Rucka Brings the Private Eye to Portland in 'Stumptown'". Comics Alliance. Archived from the original on October 5, 2009.
- Richards, Ron (November 2, 2009). "Stumptown #1 with Greg Rucka". iFanboy.
- Furey, Emmett (July 28, 2007). "CCI: The Mean Streets of Rucka's Stumptown". Comic Book Resources.
- Kaye, Edward (November 9, 2009). "Greg Rucka and Matthew Southworth's Stumptown #1 Sells Out!". Hypergeek.
- "2011 Eisner Award Nominees Announced". Newsarama. April 7, 2011. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 29, 2019). "ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'Stumptown' Inspired By Graphic Novels & 'Triangle'". Deadline. Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- Otterson, Joe (February 25, 2019). "Cobie Smulders to Star in ABC Drama Pilot 'Stumptown'". Variety. Retrieved February 25, 2019.