Stumptown Wildlife Management Area
|Stumptown Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
White tail deer (Odocoileus virginianus) may be found at the Stumptown WMA
|Elevation||734 ft (223.7 m) |
|Area||1,675 acres (677.8 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Stumptown, West Virginia|
Stumptown Wildlife Management Area is located in both Calhoun and Gilmer Counties near the community of Stumptown, West Virginia. Stumptown WMA is located on 1,675 acres (678 ha) of hilly terrain, mostly covered with mixed oak and pine forest, with stands of mixed hardwoods.
Hunting, trapping and fishing
Fishing opportunities are very limited here, as both Middle Run and Lower Run tend to run dry most summers.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Stumptown WMA, retrieved January 4, 2009
- "Stumptown WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved January 4, 2009.
- West Virginia DNR District 6 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations