The cover of the first version of the single.
|Single by Alkaline Trio|
|from the album From Here to Infirmary|
|Recorded||2000 at Pachyderm Studio, Cannon Falls, Minnesota|
|Genre||Punk rock, pop punk|
|Writer(s)||Matt Skiba, Dan Andriano, Mike Felumlee|
|Producer(s)||Matt Allison, Alkaline Trio|
|Alkaline Trio singles chronology|
"Stupid Kid" is a song by the Chicago-based punk rock band Alkaline Trio, released as the first single from the group's 2001 album From Here to Infirmary. Two different versions of the single were released in the United Kingdom, where it became the band's first charting song by reaching #53 on the UK Singles Chart
The song's music video was directed by Matthew Barry and Maureen Egan. It depicts the band performing the song outside of a middle school. Inside the school, a boy becomes infatuated with his female teacher and makes attempts to impress her. When the teacher writes "you scare me" in the boy's yearbook, he is humiliated in front of the class and the other children laugh at him. He stands outside the classroom window and removes his tuque, revealing a pair of devil-like horns as the teacher is consumed by smoke.
|1.||"Stupid Kid" (from From Here to Infirmary)||Matt Skiba, Dan Andriano, Mike Felumlee||2:23|
|2.||"The Metro" (originally performed by Berlin)||John Crawford||3:41|
|3.||"Private Eye" (from From Here to Infirmary)||Skiba, Andriano, Felumlee||3:30|
|1.||"Stupid Kid" (from From Here to Infirmary)||Skiba, Andriano, Felumlee||2:23|
|2.||"She Took Him to the Lake" (from Maybe I'll Catch Fire)||Skiba, Andriano, Glenn Porter||2:40|
|3.||"You've Got So Far to Go" (from Maybe I'll Catch Fire)||Skiba, Andriano, Porter||3:14|
- Matt Skiba – guitar, vocals
- Dan Andriano – bass guitar, vocals
- Mike Felumlee – drums on "Stupid Kid", "The Metro", and "Private Eye"
- Glenn Porter – drums on "She Took Him to the Lake" and "You've Got so Far to Go"
- Matt Allison – producer
- Neil Weir – assistant producer on "Stupid Kid", "The Metro", and "Private Eye"
- Jerry Finn – mix engineer on "Stupid Kid", "The Metro", and "Private Eye"
- John Golden – mastering engineer on "She Took Him to the Lake" and "You've Got so Far to Go"
- Pauker, Lance (22 January 2014). "49 Phenomenally Angsty Pop-Punk Songs From The 2000s You Forgot Existed". Thought Catalog. The Thought & Expression Co. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "Chart stats - Alkaline Trio". Chart Stats. Archived from the original on 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2009-11-08.
- "Media: Alkaline Trio". vagrant.com. Vagrant Records. Archived from the original on June 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-10.