This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sturdza, Sturza or Stourdza is the name of an old Romanian aristocratic family, whose origins can be traced back to the 1540s.
The Sturdza family, a Moldavian princely family, has been long and intimately associated with the government first of Moldavia and afterwards of Romania. Its members belong to two main branches, which trace their descent from either Ioan Sturdza or Alexandru "Sandu" Sturdza, the sons of Chiriac Sturdza, who lived in the 17th century, and may be regarded as the founder of the family. Members active in government:
- Ioan Sturdza prince of Moldavia from 1822 to 1828
- Mihail Sturdza (1795–1884), ruler of Moldavia from 1834 to 1849, modernizer of Moldavia
- Alexandru Sturdza, also known as Alexandre Stourdza (1791–1854), Russian publicist and diplomatist
- Grigore Sturdza (1821–1901), son of Mihail, army general and politician
- Dimitrie Sturdza (1833–1914), Romanian statesman
- Mihail R. Sturdza (1886–1980), Romanian minister of Foreign Affairs
- Ovidiu Sebastian Buta Sturdza (born 1991), was part of Cioloș Cabinet
- Roxandra Skarlatovna Edling-Sturdza or Roksandra Skarlatovna Edling
- Dimitrie (Tim) G. Sturdza (born 1938), direct descendent of Mihail Sturdza ruling prince of Moldova, Absolvent in atomic physics of the Swiss Politechnical university EPFL École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne . 34 times Swiss-Champion in Tennis. 1992 Captain of the Swiss Davis Cup and finalist in Fort Worth Texas. Sturdza and his son Stefan Dimitri Ferdinand Sturdza were one of the early sponsors of Simona Halep - Women's Tennis Association world No. 1 trough their company Déesse Cosmetics GSP.ro Dimitrie Sturdza - simona halep. - Tim Sturdza is today's head of the Sturdza family.
- Eric Sturdza, (b. 1943), youngest brother of Dimitrie (Tim) G. Sturdza, President of Banque Eric Sturdza, Banque Eric Sturdza
- Ștefan Dimitrie Ferdinad Sturdza, (b. 1969), is the son of Dimitrie (Tim) G. Sturdza and direct descendent of Mihail Sturdza ruling prince of Moldova
- Constantin Sturdza (born 1989), tennis player and the son of Eric Sturdza, (  )
- Marina Nicole Sturdza (25 April 1944–24 October 2017), former Romanian Princess and humanitarian activist.
- Serban Dimitrie Sturdza, (b. 1967), is a great-great-grandson of Mihail Sturdza, ruler of Moldavia.
- One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gaster, Moses (1911). "Sturdza". In Chisholm, Hugh (ed.). Encyclopædia Britannica. 25 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 1051.
- "Prince Ovidiu Sebastian!" (in Romanian). 1 August 2016.
- "Rever de viţă nobilă! Constantin Sturdza, prințul care a venit să joace tenis în România" (in Romanian). stiridesport.ro. 19 June 2013.
|surname Sturdza. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|