|Rural Municipality||Preeceville No. 334|
|Post office Founded||1908|
|• Mayor||Don Olson|
|• Administrator||Olivia Bartch|
|• Governing body||Sturgis Town Council|
|• Total||3.41 km2 (1.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||181.6/km2 (470/sq mi)|
|Postal code||S0A 4A0|
|Area code(s)||306 / 639|
|Highways||Hwy 9 / Hwy 49|
|Website||Town of Sturgis|
Sturgis is a town of 620 people in east central Saskatchewan, Canada. The Town of Sturgis 95 km north of Yorkton on Highway 9. It is located in the Assiniboine river valley near the lakes and woods region of the province.
The Town of Sturgis had a recorded population of 620 in 2011. Despite area competition for business and new residents this was a 7.8% increase since the 2006 Canadian census. Sturgis, a part of census division 9, had a somewhat larger percentage increase in population versus a growth rate of 1.7% in the greater census district since the last census.
Sturgis occupies a total land area of about 3.5 square kilometers. The town has a population density of 181.6 people per square kilometer. The density for the census district is 2.3 persons per square kilometer and 1.8 persons per square kilometer for Saskatchewan as a whole.
In 2011 the median age of the population in Sturgis increased in 2001 to 51.2 years of age versus 49.7 in 2006. The median age of the division was 46.1 in 2011 and 38.2 for the province.
- Chamber of Commerce
- Sturgis Economic Development Corp.
- Sturgis Tourist Information Booth
- Station House Museum
- Skating and Curling Rinks
- Sturgis & District Community Hall
- Sturgis Ski Hill
- Lady Lake Regional Park
Sports and clubs
- Sturgis Ski Club
- Sturgis Figure Skating Club
- Sturgis Sports & Rodeo Assoc.
- Etomamie Valley Riders (horse riding club)
- Sturgis Lacrosse
- Assiniboine Gun Club
- Sturgis 4H Multiple Club
- Sturgis Horticultural Society
- Sturgis Wildlife Federation
- Grace United Church
- Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
- St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church
- Evangelical Church
- Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church
Sturgis is home to Sturgis Elementary School and Sturgis Composite High School a part of the Good Spirit School Division No. 204
- Parkland Regional Library - Sturgis Branch
- The Kinette Club of Sturgis Nursery School
- Good Spirit School Division Band
- "2011 Community Profiles". Statistics Canada. Government of Canada. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- National Archives, Archivia Net. "Post Offices and Postmasters". Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Government of Saskatchewan, MRD Home. "Municipal Directory System". Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Statistics, Canada. "Census Profile Sturgis". Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "Town of Sturgis". Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "Sturgis & District Regional Park, Lady Lake Site". Tourism Saskatchewan. Retrieved May 2, 2014.
- "Good Spirit School Division Schools List" (PDF). Retrieved May 2, 2014.
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|