|Founded||July 4, 1861, as The Sturgis Journal|
|Headquarters||209 John Street,
Sturgis, Michigan 49091, United States
The newspaper bills itself as the oldest business in the city of Sturgis. It began as a weekly newspaper, The Sturgis Journal, on July 4, 1861, later known as the Sturgis Journal-Times. It switched to daily publication under the name Sturgis Daily Journal in 1916. The words "the" and "daily" were dropped in 1946.
- Liberty Group Operating, Inc. FORM 8-K/A, September 13, 2000
- Fund I - Independent Media Group
- "About Us". SturgisJournal.com. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- "About The Sturgis Journal". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- "About The Sturgis Daily Journal". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
|This article about a Michigan newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|