Type of site
Style.com is a luxury e-commerce website, launched by international media company Condé Nast in September 2016.
Style.com offers established and emerging luxury brands, encompassing womenswear, menswear, beauty and grooming. The website combines e-commerce with original and curated content from Condé Nast's titles, including British Vogue and British GQ.
Using a proprietary website merchandising engine, Style.com offers a personalised commerce experience for the customer that adaptively recommends products and editorial stories based on the user journey.
A specially designed shopping layer will also render editorial features on Vogue.co.uk and GQ.co.uk fully shoppable, allowing readers to purchase featured products available on Style.com.
President of Style.com Franck Zayan oversees the UK-based website, with fashion and retail expert Yasmin Sewell as fashion director, Melissa Dick serving as editorial director, Jane Gorley as creative director and Natalie Varma as head of innovation.
Jonathan Newhouse, Robert A Sauerberg Jr, Anna Wintour, Nicholas Coleridge, Charles H Townsend, Pascal Cagni and Franck Zayan sit on the board of directors.
In 2000, Style was founded by Condé Nast and launched as the online site for fashion magazines Vogue and W . featuring online versions of some of the magazine's content as well as Internet-exclusive material such as event photographs and style-related articles, before Vogue developed its own website.
Key contributors included Dirk Standen, Nicole Phelps and Tim Blanks and the site soon became famous for its fashion-week coverage, establishing itself as the global authority on runway and a champion of street style
Vogue and W later launched their respective websites and in 2010, Style.com moved to publisher Fairchild Fashion Media.
In late 2014, Style.com moved back to its original home, Condé Nast. In April 2015, the content on Style.com migrated to Vogue Runway, an existing channel on Vogue.com, and Condé Nast announced it would use the URL for a new e-commerce venture launching on 2 September 2016.
- Style.com: Press Center
- Pithers, Ellie. "Shop Vogue Now With Style.Com". British Vogue. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Johnston, Robert. "GQ just got shoppable. Introducing Style.com". British GQ. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Kilcooley-O'Halloran, Scarlett. "Condé Nast Turns Style.com Into E-Commerce Site". British Vogue. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "Meet the women at the helm of Style.com, Condé Nast's new shopping revolution". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Conti, Samantha (2015-09-10). "Anna Wintour, Pascal Cagni Join Style.com Board". WWD. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Fashion Shows, Runway Reviews, and More on Style.com
- Times, Fashion (2014-12-15). "Condé Nast Is Closing Style.com Magazine". Fashion Times. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|