|Developer(s)||Andy Reeves, Chris Dahlberg|
5.0.6329.1 / April 30, 2017
|License||Microsoft Public Licence|
StyleCop is an open-source static code analysis tool from Microsoft that checks C# code for conformance to StyleCop's recommended coding styles and a subset of Microsoft's .NET Framework Design Guidelines. StyleCop analyses the source code, allowing it to enforce a different set of rules from FxCop (which, instead of source code, checks .NET managed code assemblies). The rules are classified into the following categories:
StyleCop includes both GUI and command-line versions of the tool. It is possible to add new rules to be applied.
StyleCop was re-released as an open-source project in April 2010 on CodePlex.
StyleCop 4.7.55 (November 10, 2016) is compatible with Visual Studio 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015. (Microsoft Visual Studio Extension)
StyleCop 5.0.6329.1 (April 30, 2017) works with Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017. (Windows Installer)
Development is stopping. A named successor is StyleCopAnalyzers, for Visual Studio 2015 and later.
- "A Brief History Of C# Style". Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- Patton, Tony (June 24, 2011). "Maintain code consistency with Microsoft StyleCop". Blogs / Software Engineer. TechRepublic. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- Chinery, Clive (July 30, 2009). "8 More Useful Tools for ASP.NET". ASP .Net. Server-Side Magazine. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- https://stylecop.codeplex.com/ StyleCop (old CodePlex site)
- https://api.github.com/repos/StyleCop/StyleCop GitHub API response for StyleCop repository
- https://web.archive.org/web/20171226050423/http://stylecop.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets archive.org retrieval of StyleCop on CodePlex source history
- https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ChrisDahlberg.StyleCop StyleCop - Visual Studio Marketplace