Style Savvy: Trendsetters
|Style Savvy: Trendsetters|
North American box art
Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen! Tokimeki Up!
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Style Savvy: Trendsetters, known as Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique in the PAL region, as Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen![a] in Japan, and as Girls Style: Fashion Leader Declaration![b] in Korea, is a fashion video game developed by Syn Sophia and published by Nintendo and a sequel of the Nintendo DS game Style Savvy. It was released for the Nintendo 3DS on September 27, 2012 in Japan, on October 22, 2012 in North America and November 16, 2012 in Europe.
An updated version, Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen! Tokimeki Up!,[c] was released for retail in Japan on April 17, 2014. In January 2015, Nintendo officially announced the third installment in the series, Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, to be released in the following April in Japan.
Style Savvy: Trendsetters is a fashion store management simulation game which primarily involves selecting clothing pieces for customers as per their needs and climbing up the ladder of being a fashion superstar. The game's city is accessed from an ever-expanding map, allowing players to access their apartment, purchase new clothes and accessories, change their hairstyle and makeup, purchase new furniture, access their store, participate in competitions and access various locales with the purpose of activating certain events between characters. One addition to this sequel is the introduction to various choices of men's fashion's
The game also makes use of the various 3DS features. An in-game screenshot function is supported, allowing players to take photos of a scene from the top screen at any time, saving the image as a 3D screenshot. These screenshots can then be exported to the SD card. AR Photo Op is an additional mode which utilises the ? AR card packaged with the system to take augmented reality photographs using characters and props from the game. The Nintendo Network allows players to connect to the Fashion Plaza, where one can create and access others' Web Shops. A player's Web Shop allows them to customise a store front and create three outfits to sell to others, garnering additional money in-game. StreetPass is utilised to exchange Stylist Cards, which contains personalised information about your character and offers a link to the player's Web Shop. Using the Nintendo 3DS wireless local play, players can compete with up to three others in a Wireless Fashion Show which pits players against one another to create an outfit that best matches a particular theme or style.
- Michaela (Evie in the PAL region) is the owner of Mira Luna, who hires the player character and runs contests together with Avery.
- Avery is an ex-model who gives the player advice.
- MC Mode is an announcer who hosts fashion contests.
- Emmylou is an ex-employee of Mira Luna who frequently shops there.
- Harris is the owner of a local furniture shop.
- Celeste is a hairstylist.
- Ingrid is a makeup artist who works at her grandmother's old studio near the player character's boutique.
- "わがままファッション GIRLS MODE よくばり宣言！" [Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen!] (in Japanese). Nintendo. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Official Site - Style Savvy: Trendsetters for Nintendo 3DS". Nintendo of America. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique". Nintendo of Europe. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen! Tokimeki Up!". www.nintendo.co.jp. Nintendo.
- Nintendo 公式チャンネル (14 January 2015). "GIRLS MODE 3 キラキラ☆コーデ オープニング映像". Retrieved 14 November 2016 – via YouTube.
- "Electronic Manual Nintendo 3DS New Style Boutique EN" (PDF). Nintendo of Europe. Retrieved 9 April 2013.