|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2012)|
Stylianos Atteshlis (Στυλιανός Αττεσλής, known as Daskalos) (1912–1995) was a Christian mystic and healer who was born on December 12, 1912 in Cyprus where he spent most of his life. He was a mystic from Strovolos, Cyprus. Educated in Cyprus and abroad, he pursued a career in the Cyprus Government printing office, but he also spent some years in Africa. For seventy years he had been teaching, trying to wake people out of their spiritual slumber. Although he was ready to help and heal wherever and whenever was needed.
Kyriacos C. Markides wrote three books about him: The Magus of Strovolos, Homage to the Sun, and Fire in the Heart. In these books, Atteshlis was given the alias Spyros Sathi. Although Daskalos became widely known outside Cyprus through the books written by Markides it appears that Atteshlis wanted to make it known that he had severed his relationship with Markides.
Throughout his life Daskalos enjoyed composing and performing music (violin and piano), writing poetry, painting, gardening and studying languages. He is the author of a number of books.
In the last years of his life, people from all over the world came to Stoa in Strovolos to hear his lectures and seek healing. On August 26, 1995, Atteshlis died in Cyprus.
Books and publications
- The Parables and Other Stories (1991)
- The Esoteric Teachings: A Christian Approach to Truth (1992)
- The Esoteric Practice: Christian Meditations and Exercises (1994)
- The Symbol of Life (Das Symbol Des Lebens) (1998)
- Joshua Immanuel the Christ: His Life on Earth and His Teaching (2001)
- Words of Truth (2010)
- Researchers of Truth Daskalos & The Researchers of Truth Official Web Site
- Books by Daskalos & CDs & DVDs of Daskalos Lectures
- USA Center
- Researchers of Truth Virtual Circle Lessons
- Theosis and Daskalos
- Healing School Spiritual Healing Academy (in German)
- Groupleader and Circle (in German)