|First issue||7 October 2009|
Mike Soutar, former editor-in-chief of FHM and editorial director at IPC, is CEO. Phil Hilton is Editorial Director, Lisa Smosarski is Editor and Glenda Marchant is Publisher. Stylist is owned by independent publishing company Shortlist Media Ltd, which also owns ShortList.
Audience and content
Stylist targets affluent 20 to 40-year-old female commuters with high end content that includes fashion, travel, beauty, people and careers news. The magazine aims to take an intelligent approach, covering a broader range of culture and tackling issues women face in their professional and personal lives.
Stylist has featured Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie, Penélope Cruz, Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston on the cover as well as Hillary Clinton, comedian Tina Fey, Christian Louboutin heels and a beagle. Stylist has commissioned children's author and illustrator Quentin Blake and artist Rob Ryan to create bespoke front covers.
Stylist magazine has an average distribution of 424,107 copies per week.
Stylist conducts the annual Stylist Skincare Awards judged by readers and experts which focus on innovative products launched within the last two years.
Distribution and expansion
Stylist is distributed free every Wednesday in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool and Birmingham, as well as in French Connection stores, airport lounges, city centre offices and gyms. It is also available by subscription.
In September 2010 Stylist launched its website, which contains re-edited content from the printed publication alongside daily updates. A digital replica of each issue of the magazine is accessible. Each Friday at 1pm the website hosts Lunchtime Masterclasses, a live Q&A webchat with an inspiring, successful woman.
In April 2011 Stylist launched Emerald Street, a daily email covering fashion, beauty, current affairs and work advice.
From April 2013, Stylist launches a weekly edition in France, in a joint venture from Groupe Marie Claire and Shortlist Media. The magazine is distributed free every Thursday in nine cities including Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Aix‐en‐Provence, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Nantes, Lille and Strasbourg. Stylist is also available as a tablet version. 
- Launch of the Year 2010, BSME
- Media Woman of the Future: Stylist's editor Lisa Smosarski, Women of the Future Awards
- New Product of the Year 2010, Growing Business Awards
- Brand of 2010, Brand Republic
- Winner of Johnson & Johnson Best Weekly Beauty Journalist
- "Mag ABCs: Full circulation round-up for the first half of 2013". Press Gazette. 15 August 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- Shortlist’s free women’s weekly launches, Marketing Week
- Stylist revealed as ShortList's brand for women's free mag, Media Week
- Stylist magazine storms on to free title scene, PR Week
- Stylist magazine celebrates first year's worth of covers, Brand Republic
- Stylist lines up Quentin Blake as new cover star, guardian.co.uk
- Mag ABCs: Cosmopolitan and Glamour suffer sales falls, Press Gazette
- Stylist launches website with daily content, Brand Republic
- Environ® Wins Stylist Magazine ‘Product of the Year’ Award, approvedbusiness.co.uk
- Stylist Magazine, Newstand
- Connecting Readers Through Events And Networking: Stylist Network, The Specialist Media Show
- Need to Know: Emerald Street, Gorkanapr
- , Stylist to launch in France
- BSME Awards 2010
- Women of the Future Awards 2010
- Growing Business Awards 2010
- Brand of 2010, Brand Republic
- Johnson & Johnson Beauty Care Awards 2010