|Founder||Dwayne Goettel, Phil Western |
|Genre||Electronic, industrial, techno, experimental|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
|Location||Toluca Lake, California|
Subconscious Communications (originally Subconscious Records) is an independent record label based in Toluca Lake, California. Originating in Vancouver B.C., Canada, it was founded in 1993 by Dwayne Goettel of Skinny Puppy and Phil Western of Download. The label has been described as a "record label, musician collective, remix team, 32-track digital studio, [and an] analogue synth museum." 
Dwayne Goettel and Phil Western founded Subconscious Records in 1993 to release a twelve-inch under Goettel's side project Aduck and Phil's alias Philth. cEvin Key arbitrarily took over control of Subconscious Communications when Goettel died on 23 August 1995. Artists previously involved with Goettel and Key joined him to help with the label.
Under the SubCon 'services' page hides two pages listing the competition results of the 2001 and 2002 Cannabis Cup competitions. The Cannibis Cup was an annual competition that only survived an additional year after its inception in 2001. Since the name contains SubCon, it is assumed that the competition was formed by Subconscious Communications.
As of 2009, Subconscious Communications has released 44 albums under the label. The numbering of the albums however lists the final one (The Dragon Experience) as number 28; this is due to several albums being numbered in pairs, such as 11a and 11b. Logically this is due to the insignificance of the album (for example the limited edition albums of Skinny Puppy's "back and forth" and Tear Garden's "eye spy with my little eye") or a combination of releases, such as with PlatEAU's "music for grass" and "dutch flowers".
Organized alphabetically by author then chronologically (represented by sub value).
- Power (sub01)
- Zombie Battle 2019 (sub36)
- Baseck/Sonic Death Rabbit
- Creatures (sub37)
- Slow Motion Burn (sub38)
- Doubting Thomas
- Furnace (sub02)
- Microscopic (sub03)
- Charlie's Family (sub05)
- Charlie's Family Re-Issue (sub05b)
- The Eyes of Stanley Pain (sub08)
- Sidewinder (sub10)
- III (sub13)
- Inception (sub14)
- III Steps Forward (sub15)
- III Steps Forward 2nd pressing (sub15b)
- Effector (sub20)
- Furnace: REdux (sub30)
- Fixer (sub31)
- HElicopTEr (sub40)
- cEvin Key
- Skinny Puppy
- The Tear Garden
- Otto von Schirach
- Magic Triangle (sub38)
- Subcon Compilations
- * CDBaby.com states, "Phillips first release - which came out on the pairs label Subconscious" thus providing debate as to whether Phillips actually started the label with him, or was merely one of the first contributors. In an interview with cEvin Key in 1997 he stated "Dwayne and Phil actually started the original version of it by putting together a 12-inch, "Power."", thus the duo did in fact create SubCon together.
- http://www.allrecordlabels.com/db/2/11992.html - also see http://www.subconsciousstudios.com/download/inform.htm for confirmation from SubCon (bottom of the page).
- * Thirdwavecollective.com list of record labels, including Subconscious Communications. It notes the origination from Vancouver B.C. Canada.
- Skinny Puppy
- *Nettwerk.com information regarding Subconscious Communications and the album Paradigm Shift
- * Cannabis Cup results from 2001 and 2002 (place your cursor over the elevator numbers).
- * SubCon's listing of released albums, chronologically ordered.