Governorates of Oman
|Governorates of Oman
|Also known as:
A clickable map of Oman exhibiting its five regions and four governorates (pre-2011 administrative divisions).
|Location||Sultanate of Oman|
|Populations||44,516 (Musandam) – 1,475,795 (Muscat)|
|Areas||1,800 km2 (695 sq mi) (Musandam) – 99,000 km2 (38,300 sq mi) (Dhofar)|
|Government||Governorance government, National government|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Till the first state reorganization in 2011; There were 4 governorates in Oman; viz. Muscat, Dhofar, Buraimi and Musandam. Since 28 October 2011, Oman is divided into eleven governorates (muhafazah):
Regions and governorates before 2011
Before 28 October 2011, Oman was divided into five regions (mintaqah) and four governorates (muhafazah). The fourth governorate, Buraymi, was created in October 2006 from parts of Ad Dhahirah Region. The regions are further subdivided into 61 provinces (wilayat). Each region has one or more regional center with a grand total of twelve.
|1||Ad Dakhiliyah||منطقة الداخلية||Nizwa||31,900||326,651||8|
|3||Al Batinah||منطقة الباطنة||Sohar||12,500||772,590||12|
|5||Al Wusta||المنطقة الوسطى||Haima (Hayma)||79,700||42,111||4|
|6||Ash Sharqiyah||المنطقة الشرقية||Sur||36,400||350,514||11|
|2||Ad Dhahirah||منطقة الظاهرة||Ibri||37,0001)||151,664||3|
|4||Al Buraymi||محافظة البريمي||Al Buraymi||7,000||72,917||3|
- Governorates of Sultanate Of Oman Archived 2013-12-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- Seven new divisions created in Oman Archived 2013-05-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- Seven governorates, officials named[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-08. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- Al Buraymi was created from parts of Ad Dhahirah on 15 October 2006 by Royal Decree 108. The combined area was 44,000 km² and the new areas are estimated.
|This article about the geography of Oman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|