Subfluvial tunnel ESPO and Lena River
Subfluvial tunnel ESPO and Lena River is a bridge that carries the Eastern Siberia–Pacific Ocean oil pipeline across the Lena River. The Eastern Siberia–Pacific Ocean oil pipeline is a 1,755 kilometres (1,091 mi) long oil pipeline. It is between the confluence with the Olyokma River and Soljanka village.
Building method and design
|Width of Lena River||1,440 metres (4,720 ft)|
|Culvet length||1,598 metres (5,243 ft)|
|Total length including coastal sites||3,700 metres (12,100 ft)|
|Depth of bottom||6.8 metres (22 ft)|
|Depth of underwater trench of oil pipeline||12 metres (39 ft)|
According to designers of Transneft, the building of the underwater crossing is ecologically safe. The decision on the use of open cut river and stream crossing is based on studies performed by employees of Transneft of possible ways of crossing a waterway, proceeding from geological and hydrological conditions of a section of the Lena River. According to engineers of Transneft, this crossing is unique in reliability. In addition, pump station number 14 is on the bank of the Lena river right after the bridge. This measure lowers pressure in the pipe.
- The thickness of a wall of a pipe on a site of underwater transition of the main oil pipeline is 29 millimetres (1.1 in).
- Strength of a used steel above, than at analogues on 15%.
The first attempt to construct the crossing was made in the summer of 2008, but the water lever was high and construction work was halted.
The crossing was constructed from the end of March to the beginning of April 2009. Workers worked on placing a section of oil pipeline in a trench that had been cut from the ice of the Lena River. 
- Гидравлические испытания перехода ВСТО через Лену успешно завершены. News (in Russian). Moscow, Russia: ESPO Internet portal. 2009-05-25. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- Korpusova, Alena (2009-04-27). ВСТО-1: финишная прямая. Analytics of a route (in Russian). Moscow, Russia: Expert portal «East oil pipeline». Retrieved 2009-11-18. External link in
- Мунду, Сэн; Никита Аргылов (2008-09-18). ВСТО: перехода через Лену в этом году не будет. In time (in Russian). Irkutsk, Russia: Наше время. Retrieved 19 November 2009. External link in
- "Pipes under river Lena for VSTO pipeline". Marchmont Capital Partners, LLC. 2009-03-27. Retrieved 20 November 2009.