Jump to navigation Jump to search
A post office was established at Subligna in 1848, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1953. The name honors a settler named Dr. William Dunlap Underwood, Subligna being a Latin construct meaning "under wood".
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Subligna, Georgia
- "Chattooga County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Subligna". Calhoun Times. September 1, 2004. p. 37. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Acts Passed by the General Assembly of Georgia. J. Johnston. 1870. p. 175.
- Krakow, Kenneth K. (1975). Georgia Place-Names: Their History and Origins (PDF). Macon, GA: Winship Press. p. 214. ISBN 0-915430-00-2.
|This Georgia (U.S. state) location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|