Submarine rescue ship
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to navigation Jump to search
Support ship for submarine rescue and deep-sea salvage operations
A submarine rescue ship serves as a surface support ship for submarine rescue and deep-sea salvage operations. Methods employed are the McCann Rescue Chamber, Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicles (DSRV's) and deep sea diving operations.
- 1 Active submarine rescue ships
- 2 Former submarine rescue ships
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Active submarine rescue ships
Royal Australian Navy (DMS Maritime)
- Felinto Perry (K11)
- Dajiang class
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
Royal Malaysian Navy
South Korean Navy
Royal Swedish Navy
United States Navy
- Mystic-class This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. (September 2020)
Vietnam People's Navy
Former submarine rescue ships
United States Navy
- USS Widgeon (ASR-1)
- USS Falcon (ASR-2)
- USS Chewink (ASR-3)
- USS Mallard (ASR-4)
- USS Ortolan (ASR-5)
- USS Pigeon (ASR-6)
- USS Chanticleer (ASR-7)
- USS Coucal (ASR-8)
- USS Florikan (ASR-9)
- USS Greenlet (ASR-10)
- USS Macaw (ASR-11)
- USS Penguin (ASR–12)
- USS Kittiwake (ASR-13)
- USS Petrel (ASR-14)
- USS Sunbird (ASR-15)
- USS Tringa (ASR-16)
- USS Verdin (ASR-17) - cancelled in 1945
- USS Windhover (ASR-18) - cancelled in 1945
- USS Bluebird (ASR-19)
- USS Skylark (ASR-20)
- USS Pigeon (ASR-21)
- USS Ortolan (ASR-22)
- Burton, Guy (16 July 2015). "Submarine search and rescue capability boosted". Navy Daily. Royal Australian Navy. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Anteo - Marina Militare".
- "File:US Navy 050628-N-1464F-001 The Italian submarine rescue vehicle SRV-300 is launched from the Italian salvage ship Anteo.jpg".
- "Vietnam launches new submarine rescue vessel". www.asiapacificdefensejournal.com. 2019-12-06. Retrieved 2020-09-02.
- Dominguez, Gabrel (June 7, 2018). "Vietnam begins work on first submarine rescue vessel". Jane's Information Group.
Vietnam’s state-owned Z189 shipyard has begun assembly work on the first submarine rescue vessel for the People's Army of Vietnam Navy (PAVN). A keel-laying ceremony for the ship, known as MSSARS 9316 (multipurpose submarine search-and-rescue ship 9316), was held on 24 May at Z189’s facilities in the northern coastal city of Haiphong, said the shipyard in a statement.
- "Việt Nam starts building its first submarine rescue ship". Việt Nam News. May 2018.
A model image of the MSSARS 9316, Việt Nam’s first submarine search and rescue ship, which begins construction on Thursday in Hải Phòng.