Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Paul Goldman|
|Produced by||Jan Chapman
|Written by||Alice Bell|
|Music by||Robert Humphreys|
|Edited by||Stephen Evans[disambiguation needed]|
|Distributed by||Icon Film Distribution (Australia)|
|26 October 2006|
Suburban Mayhem is a 2006 Australian film directed by Paul Goldman, written by Alice Bell, produced by Leah Churchill-Brown and Executive Producer Jan Chapman. It features an ensemble cast including Emily Barclay, Michael Dorman, Anthony Hayes, Robert Morgan and Genevieve Lemon. It was filmed in Sydney and Newcastle, Australia.
Suburban Mayhem had its world premiere at Cannes and its North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. It was released in Australia on 26 October 2006, with subsequent release around the world.
||This section's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2010)|
Katrina (Emily Barclay) is a 19-year-old single mum who's planning to get away with murder. Katrina lives in a world of petty crime, fast cars, manicures and blow-jobs. A master manipulator of men living at home with her father in suburban Golden Grove, Katrina will stop at nothing to get what she wants - even murder. When her father threatens to contact social services and take away her child, Katrina sets in motion a plan to wreak suburban mayhem that will leave a community in shock and make Katrina infamous in a way even she never dreamed of.
It is loosely based upon the notorious murders by Mark Valera, and later his sister Belinda van Krevel and her then-partner Keith Schreiber, of Frank Arkell and David O'Hearn, and Jack van Krevel, respectively.
- Emily Barclay as Katrina
- Michael Dorman as Rusty
- Anthony Hayes as Kenny
- Robert Morgan as John
- Genevieve Lemon as Dianne
- Laurence Breuls as Danny
- Steve Bastoni as Robert Andretti
- Mia Wasikowska as Lilya
- 2006 - France - Cannes Film Festival
- 2006 - Australia - Melbourne International Film Festival
- 2006 - Canada - Toronto International Film Festival
- 2006 Australian Writers Guild: Best Original Feature Film (Alice Bell).
- 2006 Inside Film Awards: Best Actress (Emily Barclay), Best Music, Best Editing.
- 2006 Australian Film Institute Awards: Best Original Music Score (Mick Harvey)
- 2006 Australian Film Institute Awards: Best Lead Actress (Emily Barclay)
- 2006 Australian Film Institute Awards: Best Supporting Actor (Anthony Hayes)
- 2006 Australian Film Institute Awards: Best Direction(Paul Goldman), Best Supporting Actress (Genevieve Lemon), AFI Young Actor Award (Mia Wasikowska), Best Original Screenplay (Alice Bell), Best Editing, Best Production Design, Best Costume Design, Best Sound.
- 2006 Inside Film Awards: Best Feature Film, Best Director, Best Script.
Suburban Mayhem grossed $342,600 at the box office in Australia.
- "Festival de Cannes: Suburban Mayhem". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 16 December 2009.
- Moses, Alexa (26 August 2006). "Best writing answered by awards". Sydney Morning Herald. Archived from the original on 14 July 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Film Victoria - Australian Films at the Australian Box Office
- Official website
- Suburban Mayhem at the Internet Movie Database
- Suburban Mayhem at the National Film and Sound Archive