Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry
D&G Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry logo
|Founded||1990Iselin, New Jerseyin|
|Headquarters||Trenton, New Jersey, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Products||Indian/South Asian products|
|Parent||Nanak Subzi Mandi Inc.|
Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry is an Indian-American/Canadian supermarket chain with 10 locations in New Jersey, New York, and Texas, and 4 locations in Ontario. The supermarket is owned and operated by Nanak Subzi Mandi Inc., which is based in Trenton, New Jersey. Subzi Mandi sells South Asian products, mainly from India. Subzi Mandi operates under the cash and carry retail concept in which there is no delivery and customers pay cash for the goods that they buy. Customers may use a credit card if their purchase is above 5 dollars. Many of the Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry locations in the United States can be distinguished by the tittles of the i 's in Subzi Mandi because they are yellow mangoes instead of dots to represent their fresh produce.
Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry opened a supermarket in Iselin, New Jersey in 1991. In 1998, the second location was opened in Parsippany and in 2002, the third location opened in Somerset (now closed). In November 2005, Subzi Mandi expanded to Canada, where D&G Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry was established in Brampton, Ontario. The store is across the street from Panchvati Supermarket, a Canadian supermarket chain with four locations, and gained a reputation as an Indian supermarket. 2 years later, a second D&G Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry store in Canada was opened in Brampton. The supermarket chain has since opened three locations in New Jersey in Cherry Hill, Jersey City, and Piscataway and a third location of D&G Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry in Brampton, Canada. In December 2012, another location opened in North Brunswick (now closed). Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry expanded to Texas after purchasing the Subzi Mandi Farmers Market grocery store in Garland, which was owned by Subzi Mandi Texas LLC.
In January 2018, Subzi Mandi Cash and Carry acquired Taj Grocers Farmers Market, which had 2 locations in Plano and Irving in Texas. Both of these locations remained as farmers markets. Subzi Mandi Cash and Carry also acquired both locations of Taj Chaat House, which was previously operated by Taj Grocers. The three locations in Texas have several smaller shops within the store itself. The Garland location has many shops within the store including a Dish Premier store, a sweet shop, a salon, and an Indian clothing store. Subzi Mandi opened its thirteenth location in East Windsor. The newly constructed East Windsor location is the largest South Asian supermarket in New Jersey and is a farmers market sells fresh produce grown in Vineland.
- East Windsor, NJ - (Farmers Market)
- Piscataway Township, NJ
- Cherry Hill, NJ
- Iselin, NJ - located on Oak Tree Rd
- Jersey City, NJ - located in India Square
- Parsippany, NJ - (Farmers Market)
- South Richmond Hill, NY
- Garland, TX - (Farmers Market)
- Plano, TX - (Farmers Market) - (Taj Chaat House restaurant located inside the store)
- Irving, TX - (Farmers Market) - located in Valley Ranch
- Irving, TX - (Taj Chaat House restaurant) - 1057 W Rochelle Rd
- Brampton, ON (3 locations)
- 8897 The Gore Rd
- 515 Ray Lawson Blvd
- 1098 Peter Robertson Blvd
- Mississauga, ON
- 1525 Bristol Rd W
- North Brunswick Township, NJ
- Iselin, NJ - 73 Middlesex Ave
- Somerset, NJ
- Trenton, NJ
- Jackson Heights, NY
- Bensalem, PA
- "K.S Aura LLC launches 'Khandaan', their first and finest premium quality South Asian grocery brand in the United States". September 28, 2017. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- "Subzi Mandi". April 2, 2013. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Nanak Construction. "Subzi Mandi Cash & Carry". Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- "Baldev Singh, Harmish Kaur Wahr Guru One LLC and Subzi Mandi Texas LLC Appellants v. Harvinder Singh and Raspal Singh Nijar, Appellees" (PDF). Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- John Schmitz (March 28, 2017). "Eye Opening Visit to Taj Grocers".
- "Subzi Mandi Farmers Market Opens in The Shoppes at East Windsor in East Windsor Township". May 14, 2018. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Ashley Newport (January 7, 2019). "Another Brand New Grocery Store is Now Open in Mississauga". Retrieved January 12, 2019.