Suceava International Airport
|Suceava Ștefan cel Mare International Airport
Aeroportul Internațional "Ștefan cel Mare" Suceava
|Operator||Suceava County Council|
|Elevation AMSL||1,375 ft / 419 m|
Suceava Ștefan cel Mare International Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Internațional "Ștefan cel Mare" Suceava) (IATA: SCV, ICAO: LRSV) is an airport serving the city of Suceava, Romania. It is located in Salcea, 12 km (7.5 mi) east of Suceava, and 30.5 km (19.0 mi) west of Botoșani. The airport is named in honour of the Prince of Moldavia Stephen the Great.
Suceava Airport, more popularly known as Salcea Airport, opened in 1962 when first commercial services started with TAROM. In 1963, the runway was paved, and an apron was built. Services by TAROM were discontinued in 2001, but resumed in 2004. During this period, the airport was served only by Angel Airlines. In March 2005, the airport was renamed Ștefan cel Mare Airport, and opened to international traffic.
In 2013, Suceava International Airport started a plan (estimated at €39 million) to rebuild and extend the old runway of 1,800 m (5,906 ft), to build a new control tower and to install a new ILS system. In August 2013, the construction works begun, and on 12 January 2014, the airport closed in order to allow the runway works to continue. The old concrete runway was completely removed, and a new runway, made out of asphalt, was constructed. On 25 October 2015, the airport was officially reopened.
The airport resides at an elevation of 1,375 feet (419 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt runway, designated 16/34 and measuring 2,460 by 45 metres (8,071 ft × 148 ft), and six parking stands.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Bucharest||Seasonal charter: Antalya, Zakynthos|
|AtlasGlobal||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Wizz Air||Bergamo, Bologna, London-Luton, Rome-Ciampino, Treviso|
There is a road linking the airport to DN29, the main road between Suceava and Botoșani. There are usually taxis from Suceava waiting at the airport upon a flight's arrival.
- LRSV location
- Airport information for LRSV from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for SCV at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Wizz Air începe mai repede operarea curselor aeriene de la Suceava spre Veneţia". monitorulsv.ro. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- Airports in Romania at aircraft-charter-world.com
- About Suceava Airport
- Suceava Airport press release
- Lucrările la aeroportul Sucevei au demarat (Romanian)
-  (Romanian)
- Aeroportul Suceava deschis traficului aerian intern și internațional (Romanian)
- Aşa va arăta Aeroportul Suceava după finalizarea lucrărilor de modernizare (Romanian)
- ORDIN 169/1.801. Planul national de actiune privind reducerea emisiilor de gaze cu efect de seră în domeniul aviatiei civile (Romanian)
- Traffic statistics for 2011 at obiectivdesuceava.ro (Romanian)
- Topul aeroporturilor din Romania in 2012 at timisoaraexpress.ro (Romanian)
- Suceava Airport Statistics at ziarulevenimentul.ro (Romanian)
Media related to Suceava International Airport at Wikimedia Commons