This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sucheta Dalal receiving Padma Shri from the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in 2006
She has been the Financial Editor of the Times of India until 1998. She was then a Consulting Editor with the Indian Express group and wrote columns for the Indian Express and Financial Express until 2008.
In 2006, she began to write for Moneylife, a fortnightly magazine on investment started by her husband Debashis Basu. She is now the Managing Editor of Moneylife magazine. In 2010, responding to the poor financial literacy in India, she and her husband founded Moneylife Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation based in Mumbai. She has been a member of the Investor Education & Protection Fund of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for six years. In 1992, she was honoured with the Chameli Devi Jain Award for Outstanding Women Mediapersons.
Sucheta Dalal was born in Mumbai (then Bombay). She studied B.Sc Statistics at Karnatak College, Dharwad. She is a trained lawyer having gained LL.B and LL.M from Bombay University. In the early 1990s, Dalal joined the prominent Mumbai based newspaper Times of India as a journalist for their Business and economics wing. There she investigated a number of cases that would eventually lead to her prominence in the fields of journalism and activism. These included the Harshad Mehta scam of 1992, the Enron scam, the Industrial Development Bank of India scam, the Ketan Parekh scam on 2001. She worked closely with journalists and analysts such as Debashis Basu, Girish Sant, Shantanu Dixit and Pradyumna Kaul. At Times of India, she rose to become the Financial editor of Times of India.
- "Sucheta Dalal, Padma Shri". Express India. 27 January 2006. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 22 January 2015.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Sucheta Dalal: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 3 July 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Sucheta Dalal". Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Girish Sant memorial lecture 2015". Prayas (Energy Group). Retrieved 7 November 2016.