|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Daniel B. Cid and Tony Perez|
|Slogan||Real People. Real Security|
- For the snake, see Anaconda.
Sucuri is a globally distributed security company, focused on detecting and remediating compromised websites. Their technology is heavily used as an early warning system to detect malware, spam and other indicators of compromise on websites and DNS hijacking.
Sucuri offers a Website Antivirus and Firewall (WAF) (CloudProxy), to protect sites from web attacks and DDoS.
Sucuri consists of a main application that tracks all the domains and sites being monitored and a set of tests to be done. Everything is executed in the cloud and a web interface is available to manage all the information.
- Web-based Integrity monitoring - Alert on changes to web sites
- Web-based Malware detection - Crawler and detects malware on web sites
- Whois monitoring - Tracks your Whois records for changes
- DNS Monitoring - Tracks your DNS (IP addresses, domains for changes)
- Web interface - Management interface to manage it all.
- Malware Removal - Exploit remediation and server hardening
- Website Firewall - Protection for websites against common threats and DDoS attacks
Publicizing mass infections
Sucuri became famous when they started to publicize the tools used on mass attacks against sites hosted at GoDaddy. GoDaddy criticized them for sharing too much information and possibly helping the attacks. In their defense, it was stated that everything they posted was already known by the black hat community, and it only helped the users to understand and better protect themselves.
Sucuri uses the principle of responsible disclosure to raise awareness about software vulnerabilities on their website security blog.