Sudan University of Science and Technology
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (January 2014)|
|Sudan University of Science and Technology|
|جامعة السودان للعلوم والتكنولوجيا|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Hashim Ali Mohamed Salem|
|Location||Khartoum State, Sudan|
SUSTech is a member of the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World.
Sudan University of Science and Technology started as the Khartoum Technical School and School of Commerce. The School of Radiology (1932), School of Arts (1946), Khartoum Technical Institute (1950), Shambat Institute of Agriculture (1954), Khartoum Senior Trade School (1962), Institute of Music & Drama and the Higher Institute of Physical Education (1969) became integral parts of the Khartoum Polytechnic Institute in 1975. The need for higher specialized technical education in Sudan expanded the school into Sudan University of Science and Technology in 1990.
Schools and colleges
- The College of Languages
- The College of Medical Laboratory Science
- The College of Music and Drama
- The College of Forestry and Range Science
- The College of Medical Radiologic Sciences
- The College of Physical Education
- The College of Water & Environmental Engineering
- The College of Petroleum Engineering and Technology
- The College of Communications
- The College of Graduate Studies
- The College of Engineering Sciences
- The College of Technology
- The College of Business Studies
- The College of Agricultural Studies
- The College of Education
- The College of Science
- The College of Veterinary Medicinewww.veterinary.sustech.edu/
- The College of Animal Production Science and Technology
- The College of Fine and Applied Arts
- The College of Computer Science and Information Technology
The libraries of Sudan University include:
- Library of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production
- Library of Agricultural Studies
- Library of Forestry and Range Science
- Library of Engineering
- Library of Industrial Engineering
- Library of Medical Radiological Sciences
- Library of Water Science and Technology
- Library of Physical Education
- Library of Petroleum Engineering & Technology
- Library of Communications
- Library of computer science and information technology
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2013)|
Sudan University of Science and Technology student life is combined with the experiences of fellow students perspectives, view points, backgrounds and is very diverse. There are different student groups where a student can join to promote a sense of community between fellow students. The School organize different events, so the students can showcase their academic and other skills including art and sports. Sudan University has a Student Union though there are claims that the Union is politicized.
In 2013 according to 4icu Sudan University ranking is the first in Sudan and 59th in Africa. Sudan University was ranked 59th among 100 African elite universities on a list released by four international colleges and universities, which is considered one of the most authoritative assessments of universities that shed spotlight on reviews and web rankings of 11,160 universities and colleges in 200 countries, based upon the popularity of their websites and how strongly a university is present in the web.
|University Name||Ranking||Year||Ranking in Sudan|
|Sudan University of Science and Technology||4icu||2013||1|
|Sudan University of Science and Technology||4icu||2012||2|
|Sudan University of Science and Technology||4icu||2011||2|
|Sudan University of Science and Technology||4icu||2010||2|
They Are as follows:
- The Main Campus: This campus includes the University Administration, Students’ Deanship, the Secretariat Academic Affairs, Scientific Research Council, College of Business Studies, College of Graduate studies, College of Fine and Applied Art, College of Science, College of Computer Science and Information Technology, College of Technology, College of Languages, College of Education, Institute of Laser, Institute of Community and Family Development, Institute of Islamic Research and Science, Distance Education Centre, Computer Center, Documentation and Information Center, Personnel Office, Financial Administration, Legal Affairs Office, Administration Affairs and the Medical Unit
- The Southern Campus :This Campus houses the College of Engineering, College of Physical Education and Sports, College of Petroleum Engineering and Technology, in Addition to, the Engineering Administration which is responsible for the university constructions.
- The Music and Drama Campus:the home of College of Music and Drama and studios and a theatre, College of Communication Science as well as Center for Peace Culture Studies
- Kuku Campus:This campus houses College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production.
- The Radiologic Science Campus:College of Medical Radio logic Science and the Ultra Sound Clinic.
- Shambat Campus: College of Agricultural Studies, Centre of Researches and Soil Laboratory, which is tasked with investigating Kinana soil an Merowe Dam Project.
- The Northern Campus:This campus consists of Textile, Plastic and Leather Engineering Departments, in addition to, the Leather incubator.
- Wad al Maqbul Campus: the College of Water and Environmental Engineering and Meteorology Center.
- The Forestry Campus:the College of Forestry and Range Science
Sudan University has sports facilities which are mainly found at the Engineering campus in Khartoum. The soccer stadium at Sudan University is used for visitor and local teams training and games. The soccer stadium is also used for hockey, skiing, figure skating, snowboarding, sledding, and snowmobiling.
Affiliations with international universities
- Multimedia University, Malaysia
- UNITAR University, Malaysia
- Limkokwing University, Malaysia
- International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- University of Tromsø, Norway
- Oslo University, Norway
- Tennessee University, USA
- Boston University, USA
- California Institute of Technology, USA
Ali Hussni From 1956-01-01 to 1959-01-01, The first period
Mohamed Hassan AbdelAllah From 1959-01-02 to 1960-01-01, The first period
Sir ElKhatim Elkhalifa From 1960-01-01 to 1964-01-01, The first period
Ibrahim Nour From 1964-01-02 to 1965-01-01, The first period
Dr. Awad Salim Elhakeem From 1967-01-02 to 1969-01-01, The first period
AbdelAllah Elrabih From 1969-01-02 to 1974-01-01, The first period
Dr. Mohamed Abd Algafar Osman From 1974-01-01 to 1979-01-01, The first period
Prof. Dr. Ahmed Alamin From 1979-12-08 to 1985-04-01, The first period
Hashim Elebied From 1985-04-02 to 1989-01-01, The first period
Prof. Dr. Ahmed Alamin From 1990-04-01 to 1994-01-15, The Second period
Izzeldin Mohamed Osman From 1994-01-16 to 1998-01-01, The first period
Izzeldin Mohamed Osman From 1998-01-02 to 2002-04-01, The Second period
Prof. Ahmed Eltayeb Ahmed From 2002-04-02 to 2006-04-02, The first period
Prof. Ahmed Eltayeb Ahmed From 2006-04-03 to 2011-12-31, The Second period
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research Sudan
- Educause Membership for International Institution
- "Sudanese higher education". Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- "Member Universities". Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Rank of Universities of Sudan". Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales, Madrid. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Official website The official website for Sudan University of Science and Technology
- Sudan University students and grads community forum Sudanet.info website made to connect all Sudanese university students and grads together and benefit all students now by providing lectures, e books and access to email
- Sudan Virtual Engineering Library website Sudan virtual library