Sudan University of Science and Technology
|جامعة السودان للعلوم والتكنولوجيا|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Hashim Ali Mohamed Salem|
|Location||Khartoum State, Sudan|
Sudan University of Science and Technology (abbreviated SUSTech) is a public university in Khartoum, Sudan, with five campuses in the state of Khartoum. SUSTech is a member of the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World.
The school began as the Khartoum Technical School and School of Commerce. The School of Radiology (1932), School of Arts (1946), Khartoum Technical Institute (1950), Shambat Institute of Agriculture (1954), Khartoum Senior Trade School (1962), Institute of Music and Drama and the Higher Institute of Physical Education (1969) became the Khartoum Polytechnic Institute in 1975. The need for specialized technical education in Sudan triggered its expansion to the present school in 1990.
Schools and colleges
- College of Languages
- College of Medical Laboratory Science
- College of Music and Drama
- College of Forestry and Range Science
- College of Medical Radiologic Sciences
- College of Physical Education
- College of Water & Environmental Engineering
- College of Petroleum Engineering and Technology
- College of Communications
- College of Graduate Studies
- College of Engineering Sciences
- College of Technology
- College of Business Studies
- College of Agricultural Studies
- College of Education
- College of Science
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Animal Production Science and Technology
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- College of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Library of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production
- Library of Agricultural Studies
- Library of Forestry and Range Science
- Library of Engineering
- Library of Industrial Engineering
- Library of Medical Radiological Sciences
- Library of Water Science and Technology
- Library of Physical Education
- Library of Petroleum Engineering and Technology
- Library of Communications
- Library of Computer Science and Information Technology
In 2011, according to Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales from Madrid, the university ranked 4,220 in the world, second in Sudan. In 2013, according to 4icu.org, the school ranked first in Sudan and 59th in Africa.
|Year||Ranking in Sudan|
- Main Campus: University administration, Secretariat of Academic Affairs, Scientific Research Council, Colleges of Business Studies, Graduate Studies, Fine and Applied Art, Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Technology, Languages and Education, Laser Institute, Institutes of Community and Family Development, Islamic Research and Science, Distance Education Centre, Computer Center, Documentation and Information Center, Personnel Office, Financial administration, Legal Affairs Office and medical unit
- Southern Campus: Colleges of Engineering, Physical Education and Sports, Petroleum Engineering and Technology and engineering administration (responsible for university construction)
- Music and Drama Campus: College of Music and Drama, studios, a theatre, College of Communication Science and the Center for Peace Culture Studies
- Kuku Campus: College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production
- Radiologic Science Campus: College of Medical Radiologic Science and Ultrasound Clinic
- Shambat Campus: College of Agricultural Studies, research centre and soil laboratory
- Northern Campus: Textile, plastic and leather-engineering departments and leather incubator
- Wad al Maqbul Campus: College of Water and Environmental Engineering and Meteorology Center
- Forestry Campus: College of Forestry and Range Science
The university's sports facilities are primarily at the southern (engineering) campus in Khartoum.
Affiliations with international universities
|This section does not cite any sources. (July 2015)|
- Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology, Malaysia
- International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- University of Tromsø, Norway
- University of Oslo, Norway
- University of Tennessee, United States
- Boston University, U.S.
- California Institute of Technology, U.S.
- Ali Hussni (1 January 1956 - 1 January 1959)
- Mohamed Hassan AbdelAllah (2 January 1959 - 1 January 1960)
- ElKhatim Elkhalifa (1 January 1960 - 1 January 1964)
- Ibrahim Nour (2 January 1964 - 1 January 1965)
- Awad Salim Elhakeem (2 January 1967 - 1 January 1969)
- AbdelAllah Elrabih (2 January 1969 - 1 January 1974)
- Mohamed Abd Algafar Osman (1 January 1974 - 1 January 1979)
- Ahmed Alamin (8 December 1979 - 1 April 1985)
- Hashim Elebied (2 April 1985 - 1 January 1989)
- Ahmed Alamin 1 April 1990 - 15 January 1994)
- Izzeldin Mohamed Osman (16 January 1994 - 1 January 1998)
- Izzeldin Mohamed Osman (2 January 1998 - 1 April 2002)
- Ahmed Eltayeb Ahmed (2 April 2002 - 2 April 2006)
- Ahmed Eltayeb Ahmed (3 April 2006 - 31 December 2011)
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research Sudan
- Educause Membership for International Institution
- "Sudanese higher education". Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- "Member Universities". Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "College of Languages". Sudan University of Science and Technology. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "College of Veterinary Medicine". Sudan University of Science and Technology. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Rank of Universities of Sudan". Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales, Madrid. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Official website The official website for Sudan University of Science and Technology
- Sudan University students and grads community forum Sudanet.info website made to connect all Sudanese university students and grads together and benefit all students now by providing lectures, e books and access to email
- Sudan Virtual Engineering Library website Sudan virtual library