Sudan University of Science and Technology
جامعة السودان للعلوم والتكنولوجيا
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohamed Hussein|
|Location||Khartoum State, Sudan|
Sudan University of Science and Technology (abbreviated SUST) is the largest public university in Sudan, with ten (10) campuses in the state of Khartoum. The main campus is located in Mogren area (المقرن the confluence of the White White Nile and the Blue Blue Nile). SUST founded in 1902 as Khartoum Technical School and School of Commerce.
The school began as the Khartoum Technical School and School of Commerce in 1902. The School of Radiology (1932) and School of Arts (1946), are then merged to Khartoum Technical School and School of Commerce to form Khartoum Technical Institute (KTI) in 1950. then the Shambat Institute of Agriculture (1954), Khartoum Senior Trade School (1962), Institute of Music and Drama and the Higher Institute of Physical Education (1969) are merged with KTI and renamed as Khartoum Polytechnic Institute (KP) in 1975. KP is accredited in 1990 as Sudan University of Science and Technology.
Schools and colleges
- College of Engineering Sciences (See also College of Engineering)
- College of Petroleum Engineering and Technology
- College of Water & Environmental Engineering
- College of Industries Engineering and Technology
- College of Architecture and Planning
- College of Computer Science and Information Technology
- College of Medicine
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- College of Medical Radiologic Sciences
- College of Science
- College of Agricultural Studies
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Animal Production Science and Technology
- College of Forestry and Range Science
- College of Business Studies
- College of Languages
- College of Education
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- College of Music and Drama
- College of Physical Education
- College of Communications
SUST University Libraries are main part of each campus and has a collection of print and digital resources.
SUST Libraries are managed by Deanship of Library Affair. The Libraries’ collection includes books, eBooks, print and electronic holdings of scholarly journal subscriptions, microforms, music recordings, and a sizable map collection and documentary department. SUST Libraries include 12 distinct facilities, including:
- Library of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production
- Library of Agricultural Studies
- Library of Forestry and Range Science
- Library of Engineering
- Library of Industrial Engineering
- Library of Medical Radiological Sciences
- Library of Water Science and Technology
- Library of Physical Education
- Library of Petroleum Engineering and Technology
- Library of Communications
- Library of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Library of Medical Sciences
In 2011, according to Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales from Madrid, the university ranked 4,220 in the world, second in Sudan. In 2013, according to 4icu.org, the school ranked first in Sudan and 59th in Africa.
|Year||Ranking in Sudan|
10 campuses located in Khartoum Khartoum the capital and largest city of Sudan.
- Main Campus: located in Mogren area (المقرن the confluence of the White Nile and the Blue Nile), contains University administration, Secretariat of Academic Affairs, Scientific Research Council, Colleges of Business Studies, Graduate Studies, Fine and Applied Art, Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Technology, Languages and Education, Laser Institute, Institutes of Community and Family Development, Islamic Research and Science, Distance Education Centre, Computer Center, Documentation and Information Center, Personnel Office, Financial administration, Legal Affairs Office and medical unit
- Southern Campus: Colleges of Engineering, Physical Education and Sports, Petroleum Engineering and Technology and engineering administration (responsible for university construction)
- Music and Drama Campus: College of Music and Drama, studios, a theatre, College of Communication Science and the Center for Peace Culture Studies
- Kuku Campus: College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Production
- Radiologic Science Campus: College of Medical Radiologic Science and Ultrasound Clinic
- Shambat Campus: College of Agricultural Studies, research centre and soil laboratory
- Northern Campus: Textile, plastic and leather-engineering departments and leather incubator
- Wad al Maqbul Campus: College of Water and Environmental Engineering and Meteorology Center
- Forestry Campus: College of Forestry and Range Science
- Medical and Health Campus: College of Medicine and Collage of Pharmacy
SUST is home to the only physical education college in Sudan. Therefore the university has some of the best sports facilities in the country. We are dedicated to providing an excellent sporting experience quality training environments and resources for the development, coaching and playing of sport. Many of these facilities are available to students, staff and members of the public.
Our indoor and outdoor facilities include:
• Sports halls.
• Swimming pools.
• Grass pitches.
• Sand-dressed pitches.
• Climbing and bouldering wall.
• State-of-the-art fitness suites.
The university's main sports facilities are primarily located at the southern campus.
Affiliations with international universities
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology, Malaysia
- International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- University of Tromsø, Norway
- University of Oslo, Norway
- University of Tennessee, United States
- Boston University, U.S.
- California Institute of Technology, U.S.
- Prof. Dr. Ali Hussni (1 January 1956 - 1 January 1959)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Hassan AbdelAllah (2 January 1959 - 1 January 1960)
- Prof. Dr. ElKhatim Elkhalifa (1 January 1960 - 1 January 1964)
- Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Nour (2 January 1964 - 1 January 1965)
- Prof. Dr. Awad Salim Elhakeem (2 January 1967 - 1 January 1969)
- Prof. Dr. AbdelAllah Elrabih (2 January 1969 - 1 January 1974)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Abd Algafar Osman (1 January 1974 - 1 January 1979)
- Prof. Dr. Ahmed Alamin (8 December 1979 - 1 April 1985)
- Prof. Dr. Hashim Elebied (2 April 1985 - 1 January 1989)
- Prof. Dr. Ahmed Alamin 1 April 1990 - 15 January 1994)
- Prof. Dr. Izzeldin Mohamed Osman (16 January 1994 - 1 January 1998)
- Prof. Dr. Izzeldin Mohamed Osman (2 January 1998 - 1 April 2002)
- Prof. Dr. Ahmed Eltayeb Ahmed (2 April 2002 - 2 April 2006)
- Prof. Dr. Ahmed Eltayeb Ahmed (3 April 2006 - 31 December 2011)
- Prof. Dr. Hashim Ali Salim (1 January 2012 - 31 July 2015)
- Prof. Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohamed (1 August 2015 - Now)
- African Quality Rating Mechanism (AQRM) 2017
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research Sudan
- Educause Membership for International Institution
- Official website The official website for Sudan University of Science and Technology
- Sudan University students and grads community forum Sudanet.info website made to connect all Sudanese university students and grads together and benefit all students now by providing lectures, e books and access to email
- Sudan Virtual Engineering Library website Sudan virtual library