Agarwal in 2004
|2nd Governor of Uttarakhand|
8 January 2003 – 28 October 2007
|Preceded by||Surjit Singh Barnala|
|Succeeded by||Banwari Lal Joshi|
|Born||19 June 1931|
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
|Died||3 July 2019 (aged 88)|
New Delhi, India
Sudarshan Agarwal was born in Ludhiana, and was a first class Law Graduate. He served as a Member of the National Human Rights Commission for three years. From 1981 to 1993, he was Secretary-General of the Rajya Sabha.
Agarwal became Governor of Uttarakhand in January 2003. He was appointed as Governor of Sikkim on 19 August 2007, left office as Governor of Uttarakhand on October 2007, and was sworn in as Governor of Sikkim on 25 October.
- "Ex-Uttarakhand Governor Sudarshan Agarwal passes away". Newsdig.in. 3 July 2019. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Biography of Agarwal". Archived from the original on 13 May 2007. Retrieved 9 October 2006.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link).
- "Sudarshan Agarwal sworn in as new Governor of Sikkim", UPI (newkerala.com), 25 October 2007.
- "Sudarshan Agarwal leaves U'khand Guv post", Sahara Samay, October 2007.
- "Tiwari appointed new Andhra governor", IST, TNN (The Times of India), 20 August 2007.
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|