|Born||29 March 1971 (age 47), Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Alma mater||Women's Christian College, Madras|
Sudha Kongara is an Indian film director and screenwriter known for her works in Tamil cinema, Telugu cinema, and Bollywood. She debuted as a screen writer for the Indian English film Mitr, My Friend, which won the Best English Film of the year award at the 49th National Film Awards. She then worked as associate director for seven years with Mani Ratnam. In 2016, she made her Hindi cinema debut with Saala Khadoos (originally shot in Tamil as Irudhi Suttru). She made her Telugu Cinema debut with Guru (Irudhi Suttru's remake).
Sudha Kongara was born in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, and did her schooling from Timpany Secondary School, Visakhapatnam. Her father is from Andhra Pradesh and mother is from Chennai. She then studied History and Mass Communications from Women's Christian College, Nagercoil.
During the production of her first directorial venture Drohi (2010), Sudha Kongara began writing a sports drama film on boxing which was titled 'Irudhi Suttru'. In mid-2013, she approached Madhavan, who was on a sabbatical from Tamil films, to portray the lead role in the film and his presence in the project, helped take the financial viability of the venture to a higher level. The pair had previously collaborated in Madhavan's films under the direction of Mani Ratnam, where Sudha had been an associate director. After Irudhi Suttru, her next directorial Soorarai Pottru based on life of Air Deccan founder Captain GR Gopinath feature and It is produced by Suriya's 2D Entertainment and co-produced by Guneet Monga of Sikhya Entertainment.  
|Shot in two languages|
- "Changing gears successfully". The Hindu. 3 September 2002. Retrieved 13 August 2006.
- "The girl brigade of Tamil cinema - Behindwoods.com - Tamil Movie Slide Shows - Drohi - Sudha - Anjana - Suhasini Mani Ratnam - Revathy - Priya - Madhumita - J S Nandhini".
- "Saala Khadoos Director on Mani Ratnam and Rajkumar Hirani". NDTVMovies.com.
- "Madhavan gears up for the release of Irudhi Suttru". The Hindu. 9 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Saala Khadoos review: Madhavan delivers a knockout performance in an otherwise average film". Firstpost.
- Gupta, Rinku (16 December 2014). "Madhavan's New Boxer Look Revealed". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Hollywood Ho! - Hosur". The Hindu. 29 September 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Suriya's next with director Sudha Kongara titled 'Soorarai Pottru'". The News Minute. 13 April 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Suriya is best actor in our country: Guneet Monga". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 April 2019.