Government of Maharashtra
31 October 2014
30 July 1962 |
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Designation||EX President of Bharatiya Janata Party Maharashtra|
|Website||Office Facebook Page of Sudhir Mungantiwar|
He was born into a doctor's family on 30 July 1962 in Chandrapur district in Vidarbha
Early political career
He started his public life at the age of 17 when he was appointed as Secretary of Chaatrasangh Sardar Patel Mahavidyalaya in 1979. He was appointed the secretary of BJP in 2014 from Partur. In 1989 and 1991 he unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha elections from Chandrapur. In 1993, he was appointed as Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Youth Movement's state unit. He was elected MLA from Chandrapur thrice and in 2009. He set a record, winning for the first time in 1995 with a margin of 55,000 votes. He served as the Minister for Tourism and Consumer Protection Department during the Shiv Sena-BJP saffron alliance. In 1998, he was appointed General Secretary of BJP's state unit. In 1998, he received the best orator's award for his performance. In 1999, he was made a minister in the Sena-BJP government. In 1999 and 2004, he was re-elected from Partur. In the October 2009 elections, he contested and was elected for the fourth time.
He won the G.L. Nardekar Memorial Award for Legislative struggle in the field of blind and handicapped persons. Because of his legislative efforts for Gondwana University for Chandrapur and Gadchiroli Districts, the government formed an ad hoc committee of the state legislature. This committee submitted a report recommending the formation of a new university. The process related to this subject is in last stage.
Family and personal life
His father, Dr Sacchidanad Mungantiwar, is a famous Physicist in Chanda. Sapna is his wife and they have a daughter named Shalaka.
Degrees and posts held
- In 1979: Appointed as Secretary of Chaatrasangh Sardar Patel Mahavidyalaya,Chandrapur.
- In 1993: Appointed as Vice President of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha Maharashtra Pradesh
- In 1995: Elected from Chandrapur Legislative Assembly Constituency.with the vote difference of 55,000. Made record of largest vote Margin from Vidarbha.
- In 1996: Appointed as General Secretary of Bharatiya Janta Party Maharashtra Pradesh.
- In 1998: Achieved 'Best Orater' award of Maharashtra Vidhansabha.
- In 1999: Appointed as Cabinet Minister (Tourism and Consumer Protection Dept.) of Maharashtra State
- In 2001: Appointed as National Vice President of Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha.
- In 2008: Achieved G..L. Nardekar Memorial Award for Legislative struggle in the field of blind & handicap person.
- In 2009: Elected from Ballarpur Legislative Assembly Constituency with the vote difference of 25,000.
- In 2014: Appointed as Cabinet Minister (Finance & planning And forest Dept.) of Maharashtra State
- Member, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly - 5 consecutive terms, since 1999
- MoS Tourism in Sena-BJP 1995 Government in Maharashtra.
- Finance , Planning & Forest Minister of Maharashtra since 31 Oct 2014.
- President of Dr.Shyamaprasad Mukharji Sarvajanic Vachnalaya Sanstha - Chandrapur (an organisation helping the needy)
- Successful struggle for giving names of Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj to Nagpur University & Sant Gadgebaba to Amravati University.
- In Assembly Election of 1995 he took oath for Ballarpur Tahsil, in 1999 Ballarpur Tahsil get formed
- Government forms Commission for Matang Samaj because of his pressure of Legislative work
- Government made policy of employment & self-employment because of his pressure of Legislative work.
- Government forms Mining Development Mantralya in 1998 because of his pressure of Legislative work
- Successful implementation of DARU BANDI in Chandrapur
- Sudhir Mungantiwar new Maharashtra BJP chief
- Sudhir Mungantiwar inaugurates BJP's renovated office in Pune
- Will strive to strengthen party: Sudhir Mungantiwar
- We did well in council polls: Sudhir Mungantiwar
- Bagwe should resign, says Sudhir Mungantiwar
- Official BJP Maharashtra Website
- Vidarbha leader Mungantiwar is state BJP chief
|Cabinet Minister for Finance and Planning Maharashtra State
31 October 2014–present
|Cabinet Minister for Forest Maharashtra State
31 October 2014–present
||Maharashtra State Guardian Minister for Chandrapur district
||Maharashtra State Guardian Minister for Wardha district