|Member of the Illinois Senate
from the 38th district
December 11, 2010
|Preceded by||Gary G. Dahl|
|Born||August 9, 1963|
|Alma mater||Augustana College|
Sue Rezin (born August 9, 1963) is a Republican member of the Illinois Senate, representing the 38th district since her appointment in December 2010. The 38th district includes Bureau, Putnam, LaSalle, Grundy, and Kendall counties in north central Illinois.
Early life, education and career
Rezin graduated from Augustana College with a degree in international business and political science and also graduated from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government's Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program. She has managed her family's real estate company since 1995.
Rezin was elected to the Illinois House of Representatives in November 2010, and was then appointed to the Illinois State Senate. She was selected by the Illinois Republican Party county chairman to fill the seat of Gary G. Dahl, who resigned on December 2, 2010. She was sworn in as State Senator on December 14, 2010, and elected to serve a four-year term in November 2012. She represents the 38th Legislative District. In 2015, she was appointed Assistant Leader in the Senate GOP Caucus.
Illinois Valley Flood Resiliency Alliance (IVFRA)
Rezin established the Illinois Valley Flood Resiliency Alliance (IVFRA). The IVFRA brings communities, local governments, and emergency personnel together to help them prepare for extreme weather events, especially floods, through education, communication, education, and the purchasing of flood prevention materials. The IVFRA originally included LaSalle, Grundy, Bureau, and Putnam Counties. It has since added several more counties. The IVFRA will develop a resiliency plan for the region. The IVFRA is also helping secure grant funding for communities to help prevent flood losses.
She has been a board member and former vice president of the Community Foundation of Greater Grundy County. She also serves on the Board of Directors for We Care of Grundy County. She was inducted into the 2009 Illinois Lincoln Series, where she was honored for her philanthropic work and dedication to bettering her community. The Illinois Lincoln Series of Excellence in Public Service empowers, educates and amplifies the voices of Republican women in leadership positions within government, business and civic organizations.
- "Augustana Magazine - Leaders in the Land of Lincoln". www.augustana.edu. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Chicago, City Club of. "The Illinois State Budget - City Club of Chicago". www.cityclub-chicago.org. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "First Reading: ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY LEGISLATIVE RESEARCH UNIT" (PDF). Illinois General Assembly. Illinois General Assembly.
- Stout, Steve (2010-12-11). "Rezin of Morris selected as Dahl's replacement". Ottawa Times. Retrieved 2010-12-02.
- Staff, Writer (2010-12-02). "Speculation swirls about Dahl's replacement". Ottawa Times. Retrieved 2010-12-02.
- "Rezin: We are better prepared now to prevent flooding". Morris Herald-News. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "About Sue Rezin, Candidate for State Representative". 2010-12-11. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- "Class of 2009". Illinois Lincoln Series. 2010-12-11. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- Biography, bills and committees at the 98th Illinois General Assembly
- State Senator Sue Rezin constituency site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|