Sue Hays Whitesides is a Canadian mathematician and computer scientist, a professor emeritus of computer science and the chair of the computer science department at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada. Her research specializations include computational geometry and graph drawing.
Whitesides received her Ph.D. in mathematics in 1975 from the University of Wisconsin–Madison, under the supervision of Richard Bruck. Before joining the University of Victoria faculty, she taught at Dartmouth College and McGill University; at McGill, she was director of the School of Computer Science from 2005 to 2008.
- Faculty profile Archived 2013-01-01 at Archive.is, Univ. of Victoria, retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "Affiliated faculty - University of Victoria". www.uvic.ca. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- Sue Hays Whitesides at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Computer science summer camp: High school students spend week programming, McGill Reporter, September 8, 2005.
- Morgan Stanley boosts info-tech sector Archived 2008-05-03 at the Wayback Machine., Montreal Gazette, May 2, 2008.
- Graph Drawing 1998 web site Archived 2013-04-29 at the Wayback Machine., retrieved 2012-09-30.
- SoCG 2012 web site, retrieved 2012-09-30.
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|