Sue Woolfe (born 15 November 1950) is an Australian author, teacher, scriptwriter, editor and documentary film-maker.
Her first novel, Painted Woman, was runner-up in the ABC Bicentennial Awards. Later she adapted the novel for stage and radio.
She was awarded a D'Arts from UTS in 2006.
- Woolfe, Sue. About Literature.
- Woolfe, Sue (1975). Language in Literature. South Melbourne, Vic: Macmillan. ISBN 978-0-333-17558-3.
- Woolfe, Sue (1976). Briga. South Melbourne, Vic: Macmillan.
- Wolfe, Sue (1989). Painted Woman. North Sydney, NSW: Allen & Unwin. Also published in France, 2009
- Kate Grenville and, Sue Woolfe (1993). Making Stories: How Ten Australian Novels were Written. North Sydney: Allen and Unwin. ISBN 978-1-86508-613-2.
- Woolfe, Sue (1996). Leaning Towards Infinity : how my mother's apron unfolds into my life. Boston: Faber & Faber. pp. Also published in France, Holland and the UK. Woolfe adapted the novel for the professional stage, and it was produced by TheENsemble, Sydney, in 1998.
- Woolfe, Sue (1999). Wild Minds: Stories Of Outsiders And Dreamers. Milsons Point, N.S.W. ; New York: Random House.
- Woolfe, Sue (2003). The Secret Cure. Sydney: Picador. ISBN 0-330-36436-7.Republished 2009 by University of Western Australia Press.
- Woolfe, Sue (2007). The Mystery of the Cleaning Lady: A Writer Looks Creativity and Neuroscience. University of Western Australia Press. ISBN 1-920694-96-X.
- Woolfe, Sue (2012). The Oldest Song in the World. Sydney: Harper Collins. ISBN 978 0 7322 9499 1.
Awards and nominations
- 1996 - New South Wales Premier's Literary Awards, Christina Stead Prize for fiction for Leaning Towards Infinity. Short-listed for almost every major Australian prize, short-listed for US TipTree Prize, and for the Commonwealth Prize, the winner in the Pacific- Asia region, and listed among the top for novels for final prize.
Many grants from the Literature Board of the Australia Council, from 1994 to 2015.
Scholarly life: Lecture in Creative Writing, the Department of English, the University of Sydney 2004- 2013. Lecturer in Creativity and Narration at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA), Sydney, 2014-2017.
- AustLit Agent - Sue Woolfe's profile on AustLit.
- Sue Woolfe on writing dangerously - Article on Woolfe by Anna North.
- The Secret Cure - A review in The Age newspaper.
-  - Sue Woolfe's official personal website
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|