|Traded as||Euronext: SEV|
CAC Next 20 Component
|Predecessor||Gaz de France|
|Founded||22 July 2008|
|Jean-Louis Chaussade (Chairman), Bertrand Camus (CEO)|
|Products||Water treatment, waste management|
|Revenue||€15.322 billion (2016)|
|€2 billion (2016)|
|€623 million (2016)|
|Total assets||€29.284 billion (end 2016)|
|Total equity||€6 billion (end 2016)|
Number of employees
|82,536 (end 2016)|
Suez SA is a French-based utility company which operates largely in the water treatment and waste management sectors. Formerly an operating division of Suez, the company was spun out as a stand-alone entity as part of the merger to form GDF Suez (now Engie) on 22 July 2008. Engie remains the largest shareholder of the company with a 35% stake. On October 1, 2017 Suez bought the Water & Process Technologies unit from GE Power forming a new business unit called Water Technologies & Solutions. Suez shares are listed on the Euronext exchanges in Paris and Brussels. The company has its head office in La Défense, Paris.
Financial results in millions of euros:
|Current operating income||1,102||1,115||1,011||1,184||1,146||1,040||1,025||926||1,059|
|Net income (group share)||420.3||407.6||417.2||352||251||323||565||403||533|
The largest shareholder in Suez Environnement as of 31 December 2010 was GDF Suez with around 35.4%. Other major stakes were held by Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (7.1%), employees of the company (0.9%), Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (2.0%), Areva (1.4%), CNP Assurances (1.3%), and Sofina (0.8%). Some 52% of the shares were considered free float.
In some territories, Suez operates as SITA.
- "Consolidated Financial Statements of SUEZ for the Fiscal Years Ended December 31, 2016 and 2015" (PDF). Suez S.A. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Press Release SUEZ 2016 Annual Results" (PDF). Suez S.A. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- Maitre, Marie (22 July 2008). "Suez Environnement gushes on Paris market debut". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Legal notice." Suez Environnement. Retrieved on 7 July 2010.
- "Capital structure". Suez Environnement. Retrieved 10 February 2011.