||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sugandha Garg in 2012
13 May 1977
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Other names||Sugandha Ram|
|Spouse(s)||Raghu Ram (m. 2006; div. 2016)|
Garg appeared as Shaleen in the film Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na (2008). She played the role of the best friend to Gayatri Patel in the movie Let's Dance, released on 19 June 2009, and appeared as a student reporter in My Name Is Khan. She has played a major role of Zoya the makeup artist in Tere Bin Laden, released on 16 July 2010. She also worked as a call center employee in the British comedy Mumbai Calling (7 epi) in 2009. In 2012 the actor was seen in film Patang.
Her upcoming films include Santosh Sivan's Ceylon, Shefali Bushan's Jugni, the sequel of Tere Bin Laden and Manu Warrier's Coffee Bloom. In Ceylon (Inam in Tamil), she has played the role of a Sri Lankan refugee. About her performance in the film, Sivan stated that "nobody could have done what she has done here".
Garg has worked in television and hosted several shows and has been linked to many television personalities. She first hosted the show Haath Se Haath Mila for BBC when she was 18. She later hosted the shows Whats with Indian men along with Indrani Dasgupta and It happens only in India on Fox Traveller. She has also performed in theatre plays I Have Gone Marking and Sometimes. She performed the Assamese song "Tokari" with Papon in Coke Studio @ MTV, Season 2.
Garg graduated from Maitreyi College, Delhi University. Garg married Raghu Ram, a television producer and MTV Reality Show Host in 2006. Recently news of her split from her husband have been reported in media.
|2008||Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na||Shaleen|
|2009||Mumbai Calling||TV series|
|2010||My Name Is Khan||Komal|
|2010||Tere Bin Laden||Zoya Khan|
|2016||Tere Bin Laden 2||Zoya Khan|
|2016||Jugni (2016 film)||Vibhavari|
- Chaurasia, Ankita (6 January 2016). "Reason behind Raghu Ram-Sugandha Garg's divorce revealed". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- Taran Adarsh (8 Feb 2010). "My Name Is Khan Review".
- "Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na Theatrical Release". Retrieved 8 Feb 2010.
- "'It's MyTime'". Hindustan Times. 2014-02-18. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Supporting actors turn heroes in Tamil films - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Sudhish Kamath (2013-11-16). "A special point of view". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Girl on the Go - Indian Express". Archive.indianexpress.com. 2012-05-14. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "A playful weekend in Kolkata - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2007-11-27. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "I will always be a Delhi girl, says Sugandha Garg | NDTV Movies.com". Movies.ndtv.com. 2012-05-10. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Ghosh, Debasmita (2012-05-04). "Sugandha wants to act with Raghu". Hindustan Times. New Delhi. Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- "Break In marriage". 2016-01-05.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|