Sugar (TV series)
Logo of TV Show Sugar, as seen on the book cover of the same name. (The book contains recipes from the show.)
|Directed by||Michael Hooey|
|Presented by||Anna Olson|
|Theme music composer||Jack Lenz|
|Opening theme||Sugar theme|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||151|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||Food Network Canada|
|Original release||October 1, 2002 – 2007|
|Followed by||Fresh with Anna Olson|
|Related shows||Bake with Anna Olson|
Sugar is a TV cooking show shown on Food Network Canada hosted by Canadian pastry chef Anna Olson. The official show description reads "Anna Olson satisfies sweet cravings with great dessert recipes and guides viewers from making to plating with presentation ideas to dress up any dessert."
Premiered in October 2002, Sugar is a half-hour show which specializes in desserts. Each episode has a theme ingredient. Host Anna Olson makes one simple dessert with the theme ingredient in the first part of the show. During the second and third part, she creates a more elaborate or decadent dessert with the same ingredient. During the last few minutes of the program called the "Switch-Up", Anna re-invents the first dessert with a few tricks and turns it into something more special.
Sugar aired for five seasons on Food Network Canada and its 151 episodes has been syndicated in 40 countries.
The following is a complete list of episodes from "Sugar".
|Season||Release Date||Number of Episodes||Number of Discs||Running time||Format||Reference|
|Season 1, Volume 1||September 24, 2009||20||2||460 minutes||NTSC
Two books have been derived based on recipes from the shows, published by Whitecap Books.
- Sugar (Whitecap Books, April 2004, ISBN 1-55285-509-0)
- Another Cup of Sugar (Whitecap Books, October 2006, ISBN 1-55285-809-X)
- Foodtv.ca Official Show Description
- Food Network Canada Blog - "On Set of Fresh with Anna Olson" dated September 14, 2007
- Echo Bridge Home Entertainment Description Page of Sugar: Season One Volume One Retrieved on February 25, 2010
- Whitecap Publishing Book Page for "Sugar"
- Whitecap Publishing Book Page for "Another Cup of Sugar"