Sugar Creek Township, Hancock County, Indiana
Sugar Creek Township
Location in Hancock County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.4 sq mi (92 km2)|
|• Land||35.3 sq mi (91 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.28%|
|Elevation||827 ft (252 m)|
|• Density||422.7/sq mi (163.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453882|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.4 square miles (92 km2), of which 35.3 square miles (91 km2) (or 99.72%) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (or 0.28%) is water. Lakes in this township include Spring Lake. The streams of Palestine Branch and Sugar Run run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Buck Creek Township (north)
- Center Township (northeast)
- Brandywine Township (east)
- Van Buren Township, Shelby County (southeast)
- Moral Township, Shelby County (south)
- Franklin Township, Marion County (southwest)
- Warren Township, Marion County (west)
The township contains nine cemeteries: Dye, Langenberger, McNamee, New Palestine, Owen, Pitcher, Richmond, Schramm, and Zion Lutheran.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Binford, John H. (1882). History of Hancock County, Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement by the "pale Face," in 1818, Down to 1882. King & Binford. pp. 273–274.
- Richman, George J. (1916). History of Hancock County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. Wm. Mitchell Printing Company. p. 741.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/29/14 through 10/03/14 5. National Park Service. 2014-10-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- Sugar Creek Township, Hancock County, Indiana
|This Hancock County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|