Sugar Ridge Township, Clay County, Indiana
|Sugar Ridge Township|
Location of Sugar Ridge Township in Clay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.21 sq mi (73.1 km2)|
|• Land||27.72 sq mi (71.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1 km2)|
|Elevation||581 ft (177 m)|
|• Density||33.9/sq mi (13.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453887|
Sugar Ridge Township organized in 1854. It was named from a high ridge passing through its central portion.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.21 square miles (73.1 km2), of which 27.72 square miles (71.8 km2) (or 98.26%) is land and 0.5 square miles (1.3 km2) (or 1.77%) is water. Dietz Lake is in this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jackson Township (north)
- Washington Township (east)
- Marion Township, Owen County (southeast)
- Harrison Township (south)
- Perry Township (west)
- Posey Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Gremes, Harris and Moss.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. pp. 83–84.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.