Sugar Valley, Georgia
|Sugar Valley, Georgia|
View of the community
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Sugar Valley is located near the northwest corner of Gordon County. Nearby is the Oostanaula River. Three miles to the west of Sugar Valley at the extreme edge of Gordon County is the Ridge and Valley region of Georgia where Horn Mountain separates Gordon and Floyd County. The mountain reaches over 1,800 feet in elevation compared to 600 feet in Sugar Valley.
- The silent film star Gertrude McCoy (1890-1967) was born here.
- Major League Baseball player Chicago Cubs catcher Paul Gillespie (1920-1970) was born here.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Sugar Valley, Georgia
- "Gordon County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Gordon County". Calhoun Times. 1 September 2004. p. 96. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
|This Georgia (U.S. state) location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|